Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Foam EDF question and Electric retract question

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Foam EDF question and Electric retract question

Old 03-06-2011, 02:27 PM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Foam EDF question and Electric retract question

I was wondering if anyone here has had or does have the Mig 29 from rcblitzwork? They are awesome EDFs so much detail and I love the retracts and doors!!! Anyway I was wondering what glue they use to assemble them, I had to remove my nose gear to change a arm and just wondering.
I like the glue they use its kinda rubbery so you can remove things if u need to replace them but strong enough to hold the retracts in place.

2nd I was wondering about electric retracts, i love them so far does anyone out there make electric retracts for larger scale jets like the F-16 or F-18?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
jfrost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foam EDF question and Electric retract question

I'm no familier with your Mig I fly "FlyFly Mig 29" with twin 90mm set up. I use on everything 5 or 30min. epoxy. 2nd., Upgraded metal plates "DSR 2" are great elect. retracts but I wouldn't use them on anything over 3kg off the sealed runway and the grass, just about forget it! Joe.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
plane-addict

e glue they use its kinda rubbery so you can remove things if u need to replace them but strong enough to hold the retracts in place.

2nd I was wondering about electric retracts, i love them so far does anyone out there make electric retracts for larger scale jets like the F-16 or F-18?
Hobbyking has electric retracts for models up to 3.6 kg. Go to their site at http://www.hobbyking.com and search for 'dsr' and you will get a list with products. You can find the search box under the category list at the left.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
FenderBean

I was wondering about larger 90 ducted fan types, with today technology u would think electric retracts would be in the largest turbine jets, since they are safer.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
jfrost

If anyone recommends up to 3.6kg, you can just about half it and it may be just about it's limit, believe me I been there I have done it. If you know of anything new and solid, please let me know, I want it!, Joe.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 PM
kodiak536

I ordered a blitzrcworks BZ-16 with vectoring and retracts.
I don't plan on connecting the vectoring at this time but, the retracts it came with is heavy duty built, softer bubber tires and were not a flimzy unit.
The gear doors were closed using a string attached to each gear, which seemed a little cheap set-up.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:51 PM
FenderBean

Yeah the retracts in mine are heavy duty as well only weak point are the two arms that attach the electric motor and gear itself.