Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 South East Model Products, is this acceptable? >

South East Model Products, is this acceptable?

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

South East Model Products, is this acceptable?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South East Model Products, is this acceptable?

<span style="font-size: larger">Recently I ordered a thrust stand from Larry Epifiano at SOUTH EAST MODEL PRODUCTS, I asked all the questions, he answered with photo of what I would get.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: larger">Photos below show what I was supposed to get (minus the fan and gauge) and what I ended up with. Now on the surface the end product might not look "that different" but I can tell you this is not the case! </span></p>

<span style="font-size: larger">His last email actually edmitted to rushing the job as he had accepted some 6month job interstate and ran out of time.... and then offered to clean it up if I sent it back and paid all shipping costs (another $200.00) and waited until August/September for him to come back from the job and fix all his mistakes!!</span></p>

<span style="font-size: medium">Next post shows all the reasons why you should avoid this guy, his shoddy workmanship and his lies as to what you will actually get.</span></p>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47498.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1576633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71876.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1576634  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Default RE: South East Model Products, is this acceptable?

<span style="font-size: small">Apon unpacking the stand I found many mistakes, some of which are unnacceptable in a $500.00 (plus paypal fees plus shipping = $637.00) product that is supposedly "precision made in the USA" </span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">First up the side panels, held on with 2 bolts, 2 of which have been drilled and tapped out of alignment and actually protrude into the machined rails of the base plate.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">The baseplate arrived damaged, the bearings had been bashing up and down on it and dug out the sides of the slots right where you would want the carriage to sit, total mess and all due to the very poor packing, if he had even put a sheet of cardboard between the base and carriage it would have survived better.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">The panelling is all scratched to hell, its been heavily scribed so it can be hand machined, rough too I might add, I can and do better on my own mini mill. The stand is supposed to have a clean brushed finish, look at the photo in the first post sent by Larry,<span style="color: #ff0000"> "This is what you will get minus the fan and gauge"</span> are his exact words.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">The base of the carriage has mistakes, holes bored in the wrong place and rebored as you can see in the photo below.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">Bearing outer races touch the sides of the carriage and need shim washers to correctly space them.</span></p>

<span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: medium">BIG MISTAKE NO 1:
</span>
</span><span style="font-size: medium">The steel shafts that screw into the side panels and hold the bearings are machined out of round so when you insert them the bearings move in an elliptical fashion, means when they are all tight the bearings do not sit on a flat surface, you need to loosen one or more to get the bearing to drop and allow the carriage to actually sit flat!! </span><span style="font-size: medium">ROUGH AS GUTS WORKMANSHIP
</span>

<span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: medium">EVEN BIGGER MISTAKE NO 2:
</span>
</span><span style="font-size: medium">The holes bored and tapped for the fan mounting plates are rough and one of the rear holes has been overbored and is stripped, the first 2/3 inch of the bore has no thread at all!! How the hell do you bolt your plate down with no thread I am going to have to helicoil them all to fix this major structural problem.</span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">Even the fan mounting plates are Rubbish, the slots are roughly machined and at one end they are oversize like he rammed the cutter into the plate and chattered the hell out of it before cutting the slot, or he bored it with a drill bit first.
</span><span style="font-size: small">Look at the photo of his mounting plates and one of the ones I had to manufacture to replace the abominations supplied. Easy to see the difference!
</span>
<span style="font-size: small">
He didnt even supply washers for the bolts holding the plates down...</span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">And then he tells me it costs him $300.00 in materials to build one I purchased a 12mm sheet to replace the baseplate , (The biggest part on the stand) PLUS 6 pieces for new fan mounting plates, all for $30.00 including all cutting of the panels to exact size!</span></p>

<span style="font-size: small">
</span><span style="font-size: medium">The guys workmanship is the worst I have seen, he has ripped me off not only with a poorly made product, but also with $25.00 excess shipping fees which he claims is to fill the tank of his gas guzzling truck so he can go down to the post office to mail it off!</span></p>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91357.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1576637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39474.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1576638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84468.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1576639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66661.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1576640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kw17950.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1576641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wm85130.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1576642  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:01 PM

Default RE: South East Model Products, is this acceptable?

<span style="font-size: small">Well still nothing from Larry Epifanio, nothing but excuses that is </span><span style="font-size: small">Maybe he hopes this will all go away and he can be back to his old tricks in 6 months.... Wishful thinking Larry!</span>