Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

thoughts on this dynam for a newb?

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

thoughts on this dynam for a newb?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:05 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default thoughts on this dynam for a newb?

so, i have learned how to fly 4ch on a dynam "icanfly". the plane impressed me really. it was $125 RTF, brushless-lipo. the instructions were poor, but still the build was easy. the plane has proved very durable!

now, i took a stab at a EDF last summer. i got a used jettiger(sold under other names as well) i figured a delta wing edf would be a good choice, as it should have good glide properties.
well, i got the plane used and never got to find out how well it glided as every time i tried to hand launch i crashed right away. the nose section was thin and weak and kept breaking.

now, this dyam meteor has some decent looking wing area. it is RTF for $177(shipped!) and it has a 70mm EDF, 4s lipo and a 2.4ghz radio with adjustable rates.

i seen vids on assembly, the servos are pre-installed as are nearly all the control rods!
and vids of flying it it looks fairly gentle, while still nimble.

just wanted to hear thoughts from other. i know its a "cheaper" plane but i cant afford to drop $250+ for a EDF
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85201.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	1589497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29890.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	1589498