Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Lithium Ionen Polymer Batteries

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Lithium Ionen Polymer Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 04:36 PM
1930wl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lithium Ionen Polymer Batteries

Does anyone have real-life experience flying EDF with Lithium Ionen Polymer Batteries?

They are available from Schubeler (http://www.schubeler-jets.de/) and Flight Energy (http://www.flightenergy.com).

Thanks for all response,

Waldo
Old 08-18-2003, 05:14 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

No, but I have a plane on the drawing board that uses 3 SP400 ducted fans and Lithium Polymer cells. I don't anticipate it being much different them my Edge on Li-Polys. The difference is the capacity. I'm giong to be using very large capacity cells so that I don't over-discharge them.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:52 PM
e-sailpilot86

Try http://www.ezonemag.com . It will have the information you need about the lithium polymers. Many EDF flyers are switching to Lithium Ion Polymer batteries and there is lots of experience in the electric jets forum. Just click on discussion on the left side of the opening window. There is a pilot that has a jet powered with lipos at approx. 4500 watts. It uses like 2 8s4p battery packs, VERY fast!
Old 08-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Daren Savage
My Feedback: (6)

Default Re: Lithium Ionen Polymer Batteries

Originally posted by Me 262
Does anyone have real-life experience flying EDF with Lithium Ionen Polymer Batteries?
Yes. I just started flying my MiG 29 on lipos. Check out my thread on the Ezone.

Daren
Old 09-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lithium Ionen Polymer Batteries

I recently started experimenting with LiPo's and am flying my little fanfold EDF 50 powered funjet on a 2S1P 640 mAh pack. The flight times are incredible, plus the little EDF 50 is holding up real well with no signs of failure. I intend to put a 3S1P 1200 mAh in a slightly larger EDF 75 funjet in the next week or two.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:38 PM
NOVAJET

We have been flying our Kyosho F-16 EDF and a Li-poly battery pack about a month ago. Our pack is 3S2P, each cell is 1600 mah, so with 2P, we have 3200 mah on board. Our flights are about 12 minutes. Be sure you get a controller with a programmable cut-off level. Li-poly cells self destruct if discharged to about 2.5 volts.

I bought individual cells from Batteries America and assembled the pack myself. Less expensive than buying pre-made packs, and you get what you want. I have not found many places selling 3S packs.

Old 09-28-2003, 11:00 AM
luc-RCU

I flew my Hawker with 3S4P ET1200. I got 8 minutes flights vs less than 3 with 10 CP1300. Nicer figures, a bit lighter. Only point is to take care of the heat...