Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hobby-Lobby SU-34 battery size??

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Hobby-Lobby SU-34 battery size??

Old 08-10-2011, 04:13 AM
schafe3624

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby-Lobby SU-34 battery size??

Hey!!

I am planning on ordering a SU-34 from Hobby-Lobby soon. Since I have read that the stock battery doesn't have an adequate amp rating I want to order alternate batteries. I plan on getting 30C unless someone suggests differently. What are the measurements of a battery that will fit nicely.

Also, what is the formula for figuring amp output using the C value?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 04:02 PM
pattnut

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobby-Lobby SU-34 battery size??

I have one of the Erc Su-34,s with MANY flights on it. I am currently using Turnigy nano-tech 3.3(3300mah 35-70C, 4 cell 14.8v) packs. They are good for 41/2 min flights. Plenty of time to wring it out...

Old Dawg
Old 08-12-2011, 08:33 AM
MaxThrottle

??? there are several threads on this model where many have demonstrated a wide variety of battery choices. Several settled on a 5000mAh 30C. Yes it will still carry it. Too though it depends on what type of flying you seek.
3D, fast which this puppy isn't, vertical???? The model is a floater so if you are seeking scale a 4000mAh 35-40C was considered a nice in between power improvement, and flight time.
Remeber twin 64s equals a 90mm in area but uses more amps to achieve the same thrust. So tiny batteries end up with very short flights because they are being drained by a fairly large drive train.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:44 PM
schafe3624

Thanks for the responses, but I am interested in the actual measurements of the battery. Length X Width X Height
Old 08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
MaxThrottle

Had to go find one of the old battery cages.... 36mm W x 47mm D x 160mm L. Any that used 5000 broke out the back end of the cage. Or others like myself removed the cage all together since the model could handle more battery depending on the drive train and desired flight characteristics.

There are threads on this on both RCU and RCG. Most liked the 4000 -5000 35-40C batteries of all kinds.

I wouldn't trust most C ratings for batteries because few even TP vs Hyperion don't come out with the same C counts when metered. There are several threads asking why such a discrepancy but in the end 35C and up seems to do the trick for most. Below this like 25C most found the model docile; unless you have a very specific drive train you planned to connect that battery to.