Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Canada has just restricted Lithium Polymer batteries across our boarder's ?!?! >

Canada has just restricted Lithium Polymer batteries across our boarder's ?!?!

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Canada has just restricted Lithium Polymer batteries across our boarder's ?!?!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada has just restricted Lithium Polymer batteries across our boarder's ?!?!

So apparently (and please correct me if I'm wrong) Canada has banned all batteries that are over 5000 mAh. This is as of this week. I am in the middle of building a BVM Electra and had placed an order for batteries with Dean at Norburn Hobbies here in Vancouver. Just got of the phone with him and to his frustration, and mine he was informed that ThunderPower has had to restrict all batteries to Canada to 5000 mAh or less. Does anyone else have any info on this? I called BVM and they were unaware but extremely concerned and said they will look into it aswell. If this holds true Canadians might have to look at running more smaller batteries in series to get the same output?

Seriously whats next. Will all Canadians be required to wear water wings and helmets in public. Maybe wrap all light posts in pillows encase you bump into one. As of right now I have a beautiful BVM and no way of getting power for her. Frustrating!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 PM

Default RE: Canada has just restricted Lithium Polymer batteries across our boarder's ?!?!

Welcome to our future, which happens to be now. But on the bright side, yer kids oughta live forever with even severe brain damage! Everything is so dumbed down now, and hazard free, and dull and lifeless, there is no reason for a gov. run by the people, we're to dumbed down to understand simple dangers and can't possibly grasp complex problems like shipping a wmd like a battery, or haven't you lost your mind yet?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:07 AM
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Canada has just restricted Lithium Polymer batteries across our boarder's ?!?!

I found that out recently myself. About a month ago, I was informed that the flashlight I had ordered was stopped at Canadian customs and the 18650 Lithium Ion batteries were removed. The explaination I got was due to close proximity to 9-11, all potentially flammable subtances were being stopped (commandeered!). (EDI-T flashlight). I did receive a $8 credit. Then it cost me twice that amount to buy some decent quality ones here! The world we live in....
Old 11-04-2011, 01:08 AM
My Feedback: (20)

I found that out recently myself. About a month ago, I was informed that the flashlight I had ordered was stopped at Canadian customs and the 18650 Lithium Ion batteries were removed. The explanation I got was due to close proximity to 9-11, all potentially hazardous/flammable substances were being stopped (commandeered!). (EDI-T flashlight). I did receive a $8 credit. Then it cost me twice that amount to buy some decent quality ones here! The world we live in....
Old 11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
My Feedback: (23)

you have to run more batts in parrel to increase mah.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:47 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Your in the lower mainland....just have the batteries shipped to Blaine - then go pick them up yourself.

You don't have to tell customs what size they are - just that you bought model airplane parts costing X dollers.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:46 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The world and especially our country and my province are INSANE!

Don't allow a few 5000mah but allow thousands of 4000mah's! Protest and set up tents and don't recognize a cities authority but expect respect for your protest.
Inspect everything and everyone at the airport based on past methods of terrorism. We forget that peole invent new approaches and the old methods won't prevent anything. Bureaucracy!
Lately in the US I noticed hundreds/thousands of miles of bike lanes being implemented with the new road systems(federal incentive no doubt) and I've even seen a couple of bikes actually using them. Now that is conserving energy, isn't it(goin' green!)
As was said just parallel some.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:42 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relax, Gents. Soon model airplanes will be banned.....except maybe plastic 'snap together' models. We should learn how to fold paper airplanes....wait a minute....they're flammable. Soon we can just look at pictures of airplanes. But, remember, it is WE who elect these law givers.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:12 AM
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: wsmalley

Relax, Gents. Soon model airplanes will be banned.....except maybe plastic 'snap together' models. We should learn how to fold paper airplanes....wait a minute....they're flammable. Soon we can just look at pictures of airplanes. But, remember, it is WE who elect these law givers.

Sadly, we can elect the the lawer makers all day. But its nut cases that raise issus with national security that will cost us the hobby. All in all, i dont think they could ban flying rc planes, but rather place tough restrictions and require registration/permitting. Technically the feds already know who fly's simply from being registered with the AMA.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Get them shipped to TSB Shipping in Point Roberts and go pick them up yourself, I do that all the time and they don't ask me anything accept TAX $$$$.

That's how I get my 5000mAh.