Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Freewing SU-35

Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freewing SU-35

Anyone have one of these yet? I guess BH is the only retailer in the US so yay. I would like to know if anyone is flying it stock and how its going. Also would like to know if anyone has been flying it off grass. Really want to get one. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Freewing SU-35

Got mine Sunday from Banana Hobby. Got it put together, instructions a little lacking due to translations, but pretty straight forward construction. Ordered the 8 channel radio that they sell with it. Save your money. Unable to use the thrust vectoring with it. Need radio that mixes. Anyways hooked up radio without the vectoring. Taxied around in front of the house before going to flying field. Got there and had no power, nothing. Took home and messed with it. Unhooked all the servos and then plugged in just throttle. Could get throttle to work but as soon as I plugged it another channel it would die. E mailed tech support at BH and they suggested trying to reprogram ESC. That didn't help. Took ESC to local hobby shop and they said it was wired wrong.
Since it has a dual ESC/BEC. one of the red BEC wires needs to be disconnected which wasn't. This caused both becs to fail. I ended up just cutting both red wires and went with a receiver battery. Problem solved.
Took to field today for first flight. My first jet. Got off to a good start. It really hauls. Even at half stick. Elevator VERY sensitive though. A little too much flair at landing and snapped a retract.
Other than a little road rash no big damage other than needing a new gear. Will have to remember to go easy on the elevator on landing. Pretty impressive in the air. Twin fans really scream and for a foamy good looking jet.