Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help choosing quality edf fighter

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Help choosing quality edf fighter

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Curtisbartlett2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing quality edf fighter

I am a rc pilot who is looking for his next edf jet. I sold my parkzone habu when i left iraq. I had about 30 or so flights on it w/out a single ding. I am now wanting another jet, but they dont make the habu anymore, and e-flights versions are more expensive and are wood/fiberglass not foam. I have been looking around online and have found several sights selling edf jets but keep hearing horror stories about quality control, cheap parts, and/or failing electronics.

The thing i liked about the habu was the decent electronics, i didnt worry about failing servos or esc or reciever or anything...

Anyways, here is what i am looking for..

Fighter, not sport plane
Flaps
Retracts
Foam or fiberglass but would prefer foam,
Quality first, with quality electronics or none at all so i can put what i want in.

I have several 4c 3300 40c batteries so using a 4cell would be a plus.
I use a dx7 transmitter

I dont mind putting in the time for the build, just wanting to do it right and get something quality.

Looking to sprnd 3-600 for project.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Saburo Sakai

Default RE: Help choosing quality edf fighter

Thank you for your service in Iraq, and WELCOMEHOME!!!
Horizon will come out with something soon, if we can wait.....I'm flying a Hobby Lobby foamie MiG and she's solid with a decent receiver-servos work well, etc....but no flaps or anything to confuse me with-I'm new at jets and everything, really, after a year-plus.
Also have the new, baby F-86 from Great Planes to shoot down that MiG with.
Anyway just wanted to say, "Thanks, Welcome Home, and enjoy flying our free American Skies which you help to keep free!"
Old 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM
startazz

I too would like to thank you and the boys/girls from the USA/UK who have all been doing a great job over there in Iraq and Afghanistan,i too have the Habu and a good few other EDF's jets and i've got a Hobbyking DH-100 Vampire being shipped to me now,i've gone for the Arf kit so as i can put my own set up in it as i'm going to put in a change Sun 10 bladed fan unit which is the closed sound you will get to a turbine,Hobbyking also sell the CS 10 bladed fan unit and you can get a good 2300 KV motor to fit in it too from them which you will see at the bottom of the photo of the fan unit.

They also do the PnP model of this plane but i left the link for the kit version as you said you wanted to put your own set-up in you next EDF,don't let the price fool you as this is one sweet EDF and the only one of it's kind that i know of,if you go over to another well known USA forum you will see a great thread on this plane with over 70 pages of helpful advice about what set-ups people are using,stock and kit version.

Good luck with your chioce.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_ARF_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Fan_Unit_.html
Old 02-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Hokie Flyer

Curtis,

How about the E-Flite F-4 Phantom, when it becomes available.  It flies on 8S, so you can wire your battery packs from your Havu in series.  A friend of mine has the Habu 32 and it's a very high quality airplane.

Rob