Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 servos for pro desighn mig-15 >

servos for pro desighn mig-15

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

servos for pro desighn mig-15

Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos for pro desighn mig-15

i just finished assembly of the air frame of my hk fiberglass 90mm mig-15.I was wondering if these Turnegy metal gear 1.8kg 13.4g 0.10 sec servos are good for this jet.they are $4.50 each from hk
Old 02-20-2012, 06:31 PM

Default RE: servos for pro desighn mig-15

Cant help you with those, I find these to be what alot are using fro HK D-MG16 , They are a little more but if you consider the investment, they are cheap. They are comparable to HS-81mg's. I ordered the same mig kit, it will be here thursday, how do you like yours? Packed well? any damage? What are you running for power?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 PM

i love this plane.It came packed very well thank goodness basically wrapped in heaps of bubble wrap like i hoped.I only had one wing rib that was half unglued and it pulled the paint off with it around the parimeter close to the rib.Another thing for you to know is that be carefull with the monokote when trimming around the pre cut flap and aileron servo mount boxes.It seems that th wings and elevator stabs are coverd in white monokote and painted to match the fiberglass fuse.Just be carefull because they did not rough the monokote so the paint wants to come off.I would not worry though as this plane is beautifull and i just plan on using actual monokote to re cover the wings and elevators.Or just glassing them.I dont know what that flat board is that has those servo shaped holes cut every where¿I am gluing wood blocks to the firewall right in the front of the plane to mount the stock fan unit right where the ducting ends right under the canopy.I am looking at one of those warhead motors.On top of everything i had to enlarge the anti rotation pin holes so that i could line up the wings and elevator halves exactly on the contours on the plane but i did it and i am happy as i did the best i could maby a millemeter or two higher or lower here or there at the tip of the wing or back.You know i tried to line the wing up on the countour as best as i could but no kit is going to match as far as the shape of the wing exactly to the same shape of the mounting point.I mean they match but the wing tip of the wing may be a touch fatter than the mounting point
Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 AM

is the hitec hs-81 a good servo for this mig
Old 03-08-2012, 08:31 PM
My Feedback: (12)

I used HS-65 servos for ailerons, flaps, rudder and nose wheel steering. The HS-81s are good servos but will be too big. The elevators I used 2 spektrum A3020 servos as they need to be very thin.