Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Hobby King D.H. 100 Vampire >

Hobby King D.H. 100 Vampire

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Hobby King D.H. 100 Vampire

Old 03-26-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King D.H. 100 Vampire

Does anybody own one yet? If so how do you like it? Pros, Cons? What battery back are you running, Mods?</p>
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Hobby King D.H. 100 Vampire

ORIGINAL: SilverState RC

Does anybody own one yet? If so how do you like it? Pros, Cons? What battery back are you running, Mods?</p>

There is a very large thread here...... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1489353

-Gary
Old 04-06-2012, 03:55 AM

I'm a bit late here but i've got one and i'm more than happy with my one,i got the kit version so i put my own fan unit in which was a CS ten bladed fan unit which Hobbyking now sell (They didn't at the time) and man does it sound sweet,not as loud as other EDF's but as close to a turbine as your going to get.

I hand launch mine just in case any one was thinking of doing the same,it comes out of the hand just fine on about 3/4 throttle for me.

Look on YouTube as there are a few video's popping up other there now of this plane.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:41 PM

I just picked up the airframe and will be putting one of my Extreme Alloy 10 blade fans into it, the 4s one same as my F16, 3300 4s 35c packs and will be hand launched. Will do some carbon mods to the booms and wings and follow the general builds on the rcgroups thread. Plan to airbrush it in camo when its all finished, always wanted a small Vampire!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:39 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im really liking mine Good flying bird. Got it as the ARF. On mods I have made were repaint as a target tow and CF rods in the wings. Be sure to epxoy the mains in, it is only hot glued at the factory.