Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

habu 32 help

Old 04-08-2012, 03:16 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default habu 32 help

HI,JUST BOUGHT A USED HABU,CANT GET THE GUTS UP TO FLY IT,FIRST OFF I READ A REVIEW ON FLY RC THAT IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY BAD TENDANCIES,THEY FLEW IT AT 29 MPH WITH NO PROBLEMS. THEN I SAW A GUY ON YOUTUBE SAYING HE FLEW IT TO SLOW AND IT DROPPED LIKE A BRICK,HE WAS IN A TURN THOUGH,I WANT TO FLY THIS SO BAD,SO CAN I FLY SLOW WITH THIS OR WILL IT DROP,COULD THAT GUY ON YOU TUBE HAVE BEEN TO NOSE HEAVY,ANYWAYS WHATS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH SLOW FLIGHT ON THIS ,AND WHAT ABOUT LANDINGS,THIS IS VERY EXPENSIVE MODEL,DONT WANT TO CRASH THANKS FOR ANY INPUT,GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 04-08-2012, 04:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: habu 32 help

Hi,

I think that you are correct in being cautious about flying the Habu 32 too slow. It has higher wing loading than the original foam ParkZone Habu and needs to be treated with the proper skill level and experience.

The E-flite Habu 32 is not difficult to fly as long as you have the proper experience. Perhaps there is someone at your field that could give it a test drive?

Using the flaps is key for slowing down the landings. It does take a few flights to gain confidence in just how slow you can fly the Habu 32 and it also takes experience to know what maneuvers require additional throttle management.

That being said, the Habu 32 does fly very well! As long as you have a good size flying area for your first flights, you should not have a problem. Once it is in the air and trimmed out, start playing with the flaps, high up in the air, and throttle back so that it slows down. You will find the stall speed and then throttle up again. Then try some lower passes going slow, keeping an eye on wind direction and speed changes. In other words, spend your first flight learning its slow flying characteristics instead of fast fly-bys.

Good luck!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:03 AM
My Feedback: (23)

just do your first flight real high. ive been through several habu's as fun beater jets. they do NOT stall easily. simply take it up high and test out the parameters, she recovers quickly.

if your not comfortable with that, do a buddy box with an experienced jet pilot.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:56 AM

Have you flown the regular Habu? The 32 is very similar and is the easiest fiberglass jet I've ever flown. The 32 has very good low speed qualities but you need to be comfortable in how it handles, so plan on some faster landings at first and like Greg said above plan on you first flights being about getting comfortable with the low speed flight of the Habu 32. Good Luck!