Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Hobby Lobby SU-34 ... will these motors work? >

Hobby Lobby SU-34 ... will these motors work?

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Hobby Lobby SU-34 ... will these motors work?

Old 04-13-2012, 05:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby SU-34 ... will these motors work?

Hi All,

I recently bought a second hand NIB HL SU-34. Two EDF motors were included. At the time of purchase, I didn't know what type of motors, but they turned out to be [link=http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__10991__Turnigy_2610_EDF_Outrunner_4000kv_for_55_ 64mm.html]Turnigy 2610 4000Kv motors[/link]. I'm no expert in EDFs, but these appear to be completely unsuited for this plane. If I am reading my numbers correctly, the output of these motors is less than 1/2 of the "original" motors included with the SU-34. They are only 3S motors vs 4s originals.

I've spent the last several evenings trying to decide on some replacements ... can anyone offer some input? I'd like to use the included fans. I'm not after top performance, I'd just like it to fly "Decently" without breaking the bank.

Thanks,
Allan