Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Great Planes F86 making strange noise

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Great Planes F86 making strange noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 PM
adamle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes F86 making strange noise

I just bought a Great Planes F86 with the any link system. I charged the lipo and hooked everything up according to the instructions. When Iplug in the battery it makes a strange buzzing/humming sound. Sort of like a servo that is binding. All of the control surfaces and throttle work. This is my first electric, so my question is, Is this normal? Or do I have a bad servo, esc, or other part? Thanks for your help if you have any advise.

Adam
Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
adamle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes F86 making strange noise

Update,  I took the Sabre to the LHS were I purchased it to show the strange noise to the owner.  He listened to it, and got on the phone with Great Planes.  GP wasn't all that helpful but said to send the plane back to them.  The LHS owner let me bind to the other Sabre he had in the store and take that home.  Two thumbs way up for customer service.  However, the other Sabre made the same noise just not nearly as loud.  I will fly it as soon as the wind calm.  He said give it a try and if you crash because the plane is bad, they would take care of it.  
I will let you all know how it goes.