Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 stinger jet from HK or VALUE HOBBY >

stinger jet from HK or VALUE HOBBY

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

stinger jet from HK or VALUE HOBBY

Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 AM
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stinger jet from HK or VALUE HOBBY

hey guy's anybody flying a stinger EDF from HK or VALUE HOBBY ? they come in red and blue colors run on a three cell 11.1 lipo. cost about 90.00 with everything but rx and battery.............thanks.......RON
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Default RE: stinger jet from HK or VALUE HOBBY

The difference between these and Horizon is the servos o the Horizon Hobby Stinger use 'metal gears" and a more reliable ESC. I bought a HH Stinger and it is between $110-$119 and no shipping. They all fly well with the power system but I would not say incredible. Speed about 70 mph and rolls and loops well though mixing required for knife edge's.
The extra $20 for the HH Stinger is, to me, an insurance policy.

Best of luck,
Tom
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Where did you find a Horizon Stinger? I don't see one on their website.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:55 AM

never heard of a HH stinger for another 20.00. the habu is the good one. not avail until probaly july.....backorder. these are 300.00 if there anything like the old foam habu....not the 32 model. they are well worth the bucks. the 32 costs alot more and comes with nothing . you can spend 800.00 on it RTF. a friend has one. they are fast. for the money i like my 27-Q stryker just as well except the hand launch but so far i have had over 40 hand launches without mishap. also have the li-po that came with it thanks to the esc voltage cutoff at about 10.5 volts,really helps the longivity of a li-po...........RON
Old 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Think he ment Hobby Lobby they sell the Stinger 64 with some upgraded servos. Basicly they are all the same manufacturer (Freewing) Myself and a buddy bought ours from Banaa Hobby and they has been a blast, so much so that several other friends are ordering them. Pete can I get a comission? We both bought 3 batteries and still spent less than $120.00 each. Gonna order another and more batteries.
Rich
Old 05-28-2012, 01:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He meant Hobby Lobby, good jet, I have three....
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 PM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

I fly the Banana Hobbies Stinger 64. Nice jet for $89 using a 1600 3s 40c lipo. 3.5 minutes of full throttle and a nice gentle landing. Cg in instructions is way to far forward. Needs to move reward about an inch. Place the speed controller on top of the battery and remove the plastic air cover from under the nose for more cooling. Very easy to hand launch with just a touch of nose up toss. Servos have worked very well without any problems at all. Well worth the money imop.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:10 PM

thanks.....got to hand launch my friends stinger. pretty impressive for a 90.00 jet. flew about 75 mph ,hand launched very good. i would buy one if i sell my stryker soon. for the cost i don't think you can beat it. he told me they also have an updated fan with more blades too. maybe a little more thrust there...........RON.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 AM

My shoulder still hurts from hand launching Stingers. I cured that by building a launcher. Video below, much more fun and less risk on takeoff. Just don't add throttle till off the ramp, I wait till I'm of the hook and then nail it.

Wally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOYAuKJLto
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 AM

used to have a bungee launcher like yours ,when i had my funjet. built it myself from pvc pipe. it worked great. it was as much fun seeing it going off the launcher as it was flying it. sold the whole works to a guy in florida. i had many misses on launch until i built it. i had over sixty launches with it ,without a mishap. i have a 27-Q stryker now and don't need one but i might build another and get another funjet. haven't had one in three years. or a df jet maybe. for me the funjet would be better because the stinger is not fast. but it could be made faster. the funjet is 100 mph or faster. thats the one from tower hobbies from multiplex. with esp,motor, servos it's 129.00 free shipping right now. plus a 15.00 coupon i have makes it 115.00. quite a bargain for a 120 mph jet. i have a spectrum 500 rx too...........RON
Old 06-07-2012, 02:26 AM

Friend of mine got the airframe and stuck one of my 64mm 10 blade fans in it, running on 4s around 700 watts or so, it moves out really well, and sounds great too. Amazingly easy to launch, I was really surprised when he threw it.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:29 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got the HK Stinger 64 (in red) .. two of them actually
I went with a single wheel (it's actually a modified servo output wheel) mounted in the forward skid.... (sort of like a single wheel sailplane)
2200 MAH 3 cell (30C) and I get 6-7 minute flights with throttle management, 2.5 mins WOT.
not blinding speed, but faster than most ~60 sized pattern airplanes.
absolutely the best $89 I've spent on this hobby in 40 years.