Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Hobby Lobby F/A -18 E 90mm EDF jet >

Hobby Lobby F/A -18 E 90mm EDF jet

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Hobby Lobby F/A -18 E 90mm EDF jet

Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hobby Lobby F/A -18 E 90mm EDF jet

My question is this....Does anyone understand how the vectoring thrust nozzles are suppose to be mixed with aileron and elevator. I have my elevators going up and nozzles go up too; when I go down elevator , both nozzles go down. I think thats correct. But I have aileron mix with nozzles and when I give right aileron, both nozzles go up. When I give left aileron, both nozzles go down. Is that correct ? Seems like they should split and move opposite Can anyone help.

Thanks
Marc<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Lobby F/A -18 E 90mm EDF jet

Use aileron to servo1 mix and aileron to servo2 mix separately. Aileron master...left vector nozzle servo slave as a separate mix from Aileron master to right vector servo slave. In each mixing environment set the rate of mixing to 100% in the appropriate direction, and use the Total Throw adjustments on the vector servos to set up the amount of movement of the nozzles.

A Twin with vectoring requires three servos to move the nozzles. The centerline rudder mixed nozzle servo can have two pushrods, one for each nozzle.

When the direction of the mix per servo is correct, the nozzles will move opposite up and down for aileron