Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help me! How to strengthen a F-27 Stryker for EDF and 150+ MPH???

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Help me! How to strengthen a F-27 Stryker for EDF and 150+ MPH???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:15 PM
TRAXXAS6606
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me! How to strengthen a F-27 Stryker for EDF and 150+ MPH???

Hello, for those reading this. I am making a custom F-27 Stryker. I've seen lots of people do this and Wanted to try it myself. I want to go EDF. I'll either go 64mm or 70mm. I am getting the motors from a friend in the mail soon but I do not know the name brand. All I know is they are new, expensive, powerful, and has a 5 blade fan that I'll upgrade to a 7 blade fan. I think I know what I need to do to mount it and make the thrust tube. But what I really need help with is what I need to do to strengthen it. I know about carbon fiber rods and will be adding a lot into it. But I was told about fiber glassing it? Or something in that way. I need something that I'd like to put on the leading edge of the wings and nose to give it its strength. Can anyone give me ideas?

Pictures of your build and how you did it with strengthening it would be better.

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:59 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 27-q stryker for about a year now. i bungee launch it and has never been crashed at all. first on a three cell 2200 mah 30 c battery. then upgrading to an e flight 60 amp esc, only with a four cell 2200 mah 30 c lipo it done 80-85 mph stock ......now on 4's same motor 60 amp esc it is a 90-100 mph rocket. i fly ducted fans too. a pusher prop is more efficent than ducted fan. i would suggest a 5 cell and a higher kv motor but stick with the pusher prop. dr mad thrust makes high kv motors. you would have to put a 90 mm fan and 6-8 cell on it to get that speed with a ducted setup. almost impossible to do. a friend has a funjet running a dr mad thrust motor and a 4.75 x4.75 prop and a 6 cell at 150 mph using a pusher prop.............just some advice ....................RON