Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BYRON MIG 15 EDF CONVERSION " Need help"

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

BYRON MIG 15 EDF CONVERSION " Need help"

Old 05-10-2015, 07:42 AM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BYRON MIG 15 EDF CONVERSION " Need help"

I just picked up a Byron mig 15 kit and want to convert it to edf. I need some recommendations on a fan/motor setup. I have read several older threads but im curious if there are any new setups that are more efficient or powerfull. Thanks for any help!! I also plan to do a build thread here.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Extreme_RC

The MIG has had OS91 setups in it originally for fans, Dynamax or Ramtec, the new custom Ramtec rotor I am using in our Extreme CNC Alloy 127mm fan is 11 blades and has serious performance along with one of the best price points on the market.

You can find the fan by clicking HERE. The fan comes as a complete assembled combo with the big HET 800-73 series motor, balanced and ready to install. On 12 cells the fan produces17lb of thrust on the bench, more than the old glow setups produced. The fan will take up to 14 cells and on 14s its pushing 22lb thrust with strong batteries. Amp draw is averaging 120A on 12 cells and I have many customers running this with a PLATINUM PRO 120A ESC, fit the heatsink of the ESC into the inlet duct and it runs cool.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:29 PM
totiger
My Feedback: (4)

Can you tell me if the company ductedfan.com still in business. They have conversion adapter for bvm and dynamax or bryon electric fan unit.