Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

George Miller scratch builds a F-14 "TOMCAT"

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

George Miller scratch builds a F-14 "TOMCAT"

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:58 PM
warrenmiller11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its ok i smoke crack too on my spare time
Old 10-06-2016, 07:05 AM
MaHo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still convinced that this is the better flying F14 against your new freewing. Hopefully you will finish it.
Regards Martin
Old 11-02-2016, 03:06 AM
trent smith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been a very enjoyable thread to read. I love the variety of models which have been shown. I myself have been constructing plugs, making molds and then producing parts. I will try to attach a image of my latest which is a90 inch FW-190A8 which has all screws, rivets and hatches melded in. Hopefully do the entire model composite.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2122
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	2188554  
Old 03-04-2018, 09:18 PM
warrenmiller11

Default f-14 build

i started mine yesterday looking forward to this "once in a lifetime project"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	2256941  
Old 01-15-2020, 06:36 AM
WI_RifleRanch

Dear Mr. Miller.

First of all, Thank you for the effort of your contribution. How I find an outstanding model, especially in terms material and construction.

I've two questions: How many lays of "S" Glasses did you use (apart you placed important places).
And how did you manage the wing mount on the fuselage?

Sorry for my english, my german is better.
Best
thomas
Old 05-11-2020, 01:19 AM
jonesg2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WI_RifleRanch
Dear Mr. Miller.

First of all, Thank you for the effort of your contribution. How I find an outstanding model, especially in terms material and construction.

I've two questions: How many lays of "S" Glasses did you use (apart you placed important places).
And how did you manage the wing mount on the fuselage?

Sorry for my english, my german is better.
Best
thomas
George said he used 2 layers of 6 oz of S weave cloth..
Old 09-01-2020, 03:31 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

I JUST FINISHED reading this thread after going through Invertmast's thread. suffice it to say I am disappointed with a full understanding of how the both of you feel. George your price for your bird is very reasonable. I have one in the works and I would want a lot more than that and yours is much further along than mine. A Avond plans scratch build with many mod's and a very long time build now on hold (again) maybe I am wasting good time but I won't quit but I will keep modifying it to get what I want.

I used cardboard to prove my assembly methods before I cut any wood.

Here take a look at my prototype The pic is quite old. It will not be a flying model because it has been chopped and changed too much but it will help me to build one larger and better. I am using it to work out all the tech. stuff. I hand cut all the pieces by hand and have all the parts in cad. the fuse short of planking can be put together in a few hours much easier than suggested in the plans and instructions. I will use many of the methods from others to get it done. I want to use spoilers instead of ailerons. I have more info in my rcgroup blog. but I do not have all the answers.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:09 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by George Miller
Also: If you could make me a photo copy of the instructions and take some good photos of the plans, I would sure like to give you my e-mail address if you would send them to me.
As not sure if Mr. Miller got the copy of the YF-22 instructions, I am happy to add them here.​​​​​​

Old 11-23-2020, 05:43 AM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Thumbs up Yf-22

I've been dragging this magazine around since it came out LOL

The following users liked this post:
jescardin (11-23-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 05:45 AM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Default Yf-22

Can't get the third pic to upload. Oh well...this plane is STILL on my bucket list if I can ever find one! Wanted since the magazine article
Old 11-23-2020, 03:17 PM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Probably most people interested in Mr. Miller YF-22 already know this video, but just in case some not here you have a description and a pair of flights from his firm Custom R/C Aircraft´s video catalogue:

Old 04-14-2021, 08:05 PM
bones321

I have an old Skymaster F-22 that looks very similar. I just flew it for the first time with a P-130.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:08 AM
Planecrazy200

Sorry for the break in. Hello all, I too love the G Miller designs and have acquired a few of them while he was still selling them. F-4, A-10, F8,T-38 and missed out on the F-22. I have posted this in several "want" adds with little to no luck. Two people contacted me or me them only to find one didn't reply after making clear I didn't want to buy his built F-4 and the other claiming he couldn't access the PayPal payment. Does anyone have the blue prints to the F-4 and can you make a copy for me, or a scan? I cant locate my plans and would prefer to have a set at hand during the build. Any help would be greatly appreciated!