Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Motion rc "what a joke".

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Motion rc "what a joke".

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Mae5tr0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motion rc "what a joke".

Gone

Last edited by Mae5tr0; 02-28-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: delete
Old 02-27-2017, 05:54 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So they shipped it "customer signature required" or was it a hold at the customer center?
Never heard of having to contact the seller to have a parcel released. You don't mention what part of the planet you're from so that may have something to do with it.

Sounds like Motion RC is growing too fast and quickly turning into Hobbyking .

If you fly turbines I don't think you will be really happy with a foamy EDF that has a 70mm fan and only runs on a 4-cell pack. A 6-cell set-up with a 70mm fan in a quality plane will be much better.
Check out the FMS planes at Horizon as they have 70mm and 80mm edf's running on 6-cells plus you can't get much better than the customer service at Horizon.

Or you could go higher end with a Tamjet EDF, K&A, HET, etc...

Good Luck
Old 02-27-2017, 06:47 PM
Mae5tr0

Thanks flyinwalenda,
No they didn't make it sign with a signature they have some weird thing that is attached to their account that says you cant pick it up at a UPS facility it has to be delivered. I live in Los Angeles
so it was not hard to go down to the nearest UPS and get it. The thing that made me mad was some one there said they was on it twice and then closed and never made a call. In my book that is unprofessional and on top of being a inconsiderate ass. I appreciate the info on EDF. I just wanted some thing I could throw in the car and fly when I didn't want to load up those big turbines.
You know like on a pretty weekday evening or such.
I will not be doing business with Motion any longer, which is sad because I was hoping for the best experience with these guys but it was far from it. It wasnt just one or two times it was everytime i spoke to these clowns.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

They have their ups and downs for sure. Got one of the 1700mm Mustangs back in April and had bad connectors out of the box, so they sent me new ones and about 4 flights in the ESC burned up and sent the plane in and all I got was an oh well. Hell even HobbyKing had better service than that on a burned esc that caused a plane to go in. At least HobbyKing sent me a new esc and airframe within days, instead of giving me the oh well, too bad, so sad.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Mae5tr0

Thats exactly what I am talking about Desertlakesflying they are great as everything is going their way but when you need something it is like Oh Well buy a new one. I don't like that mentality. My father always said that even the dirtiest evilest murderer on death row is cool when he is getting his way but it is how you react to the oppisite situation that builds character. In other words its how you treat your customers when it may cost you $10 bucks. I left the same post on all the forums I can and on twitter,facebook and even gave them a 1 star on YELP and I am just getting started.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:00 AM
oliveDrab

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
If you fly turbines I don't think you will be really happy with a foamy EDF that has a 70mm fan and only runs on a 4-cell pack. A 6-cell set-up with a 70mm fan in a quality plane will be much better.
Check out the FMS planes at Horizon as they have 70mm and 80mm edf's running on 6-cells plus you can't get much better than the customer service at Horizon.

Or you could go higher end with a Tamjet EDF, K&A, HET, etc...

Good Luck
I bought the Stinger 90 EDF from MotionRC and I must say it's a quality product imho. It uses a 6-cell Lipo with a 90 mm ducted fan. I bought it so I could become familiar with flying jets before getting my turbine waiver. The Stinger 90 is actually more challenging than flying my Reaction 54, which I've got 5 flights on.

When the Stinger 90 gets way far out and is hauling ass like a scalded monkey it's almost a little too much for this 65-year-old geezer to handle. Kinda creepy.

Last edited by oliveDrab; 02-28-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:20 PM
KF3CW
My Feedback: (4)

I absolutely agree with you. Very sorry to hear of your issue. They keep this crap up and they will be out of business. And i have spent over $1800 with themthe reason the planes they are selling are so cheap is that they are using cheap, crappy servos. I had one of their $3 servos crap out on me 2 days ago and crash a stinger 90 with 8 flights on it. I was brushed off rudely and given a lecture on how to preflight a plane. Even though i told them i had over 40 years of flying. You can read my post under electric jets - kf3cw
Old 03-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Plano78
My Feedback: (39)

Not my experience at all. I've gotten nothing short of first rate products and customer service from them.