Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WOW! New Jet Freewing Phantom II 90mm edf semi-scale

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

WOW! New Jet Freewing Phantom II 90mm edf semi-scale

Old 02-14-2018, 08:12 AM
sandrocacciola

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up WOW! New Jet Freewing Phantom II 90mm edf semi-scale

Hi boys,
It is with great pleasure that I want to share with all of you fans this news about jet edf.
Browsing the web in the various modellism websites of the world I came across a few days ago in this novelty that I consider extremely interesting for two reasons: the first because it is presented by a company like Freewing which is now a reference point in the panorama of production and marketing of EDF jet in Epo; and secondly because it fills a gap in the Edf 90mm category of the jet subject reproduced: the legendary Phantom II F-4D!
I state that the new Jet Freewing (http://www.freewing-model.com) will be available from May of this year but thanks to the contacts with Freewing I managed to find all the information on the kit and I hope to have it in my hands before the official release.
The new Phantom II F-4D has a wingspan of 1030mm and a length of 1550mm for a weight of about 2850 grams. Two engines are available, one 6S with 9-blade fan and Esc with well 130A, and one for 8S with 12-blade fan and Esc 150A.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista anteriore cono.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	2254649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista fianco Dx.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	2254650   Click image for larger version

Name:	In volo.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	2254651  

Last edited by sandrocacciola; 02-25-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:13 AM
sandrocacciola

Reading on the various specialized forums, Freewing had received in recent years several requests from modellers and dealers of a timeless jet like the Phantom but with important dimensions, flight characteristics that were docile enough and that it was "ready to fly" (PNP)...
Hence the long design and implementation study that took two years but seems to have paid off. Finally a beautiful jet that does not disappear alongside the other big Freewing, the A-10.
The Phantom II F-4D, just to meet the needs of all modellers, is equipped with particularly robust "oleo-strut" landing trolleys that allow its use even for grassy runners. Under the model there are the gondolas were also designed to minimize the damage to the structure in case of overly hard landings beyond normal limits.
Follow me in the coming days that I will reveal the secrets of this model ...

Name:	Set kit.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	2254652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista dietro scarichi a terra.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	2254653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista laterale Dx a terra.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	2254654  

Last edited by sandrocacciola; 02-16-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:08 AM
sandrocacciola

The new Phantom Freewing in the PNP kit (http://www.freewing-model.com) as tradition, requires only Rx (6 ch minimum) and battery (minimum 6S 5000Mah). Everything else is included in the box. The assembly does not require special precautions and it is sufficient to follow the photographic instructions included in the kit. Some assembly-related solutions are similar to those used for the Yak 130 (movement of the whole mobile part, double carbon bayonet for the wings ...). Also interesting is the electronic connection system of the wings that takes place with the fuselage with a multiconnector that facilitates the operation.

In the new kit appreciable the details that enhance the beauty both on the ground and in flight. The landing lights are of great effect with the double lights mounted on the front gear door and the colored ones on the wing edges (missing on the wing carriages ...); the reproduction of the rivets, the stopping hook and the whole set of missiles and sub-wings tanks with the relative removable support pylons are interesting. On the other hand, an optional set of highly detailed accessories is available with also the Mk H-7 ejection seats and the hi-resolution instrument panel panels. In addition, you can download free 3D-ready files for plastic parts for free!

The F-4D jet comes pre-painted in the classic SEA Camo and proudly exhibits the friezes of the 555th TFS and for this a complete set of scaled stickers for this model have been made and which do not have the classic transparent but it's without margin.

Name:	Connettore ali.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	2254835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Luci ali dettaglio.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	2254836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Luci carrello anteriore.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	2254837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Set piloni alari e rinvii.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	2254838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista inferiore ali.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	2254839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista pancia a terra con luci.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	513.2 KB
ID:	2254840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kit accessori.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	819.7 KB
ID:	2254841  

Last edited by sandrocacciola; 02-25-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:46 AM
sandrocacciola

An RC model aircraft of such a large size remains easily transportable with a magnetic removable fiber front cone and removable wings with a comfortable connect system multi-point contact that attaches to each root of the wing. Efficient flaps, brass ball joints for moving parts, reliable control hardware, and all-digital servos (all optimized to avoid weight gain on the model) provide secure control; finally it's important underline the mechanism of the whole mobile elevator like the specially designed original that incorporates two ball bearings for a smooth and safe rotation in every situation.

The Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II as mentioned is available in two versions. The Standard version requires a LiPo 6S 5000-6000 mAh battery and is the best recommendation for pilot looking for the best balance between speed, thrust and cost. The "High Performance" version requires an 8S 5000 mAh LiPo battery and offers more performance and vertical acceleration. The High Performance version is recommended for Advanced pilots only because of the faster aircraft envelope and the heavier flying characteristics.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:49 AM
sandrocacciola

Having not yet been able to fly the new Phantom (but I think I can receive it in March) I must take for good what the designers and builders of the new Freewqing Phantom II 90mm edf emphasize: a great job of optimizing the aerodynamics to ensure that the model not have critical behavior in flight.
Aware, therefore, that the true Phantom's flight characteristics were based on high speed thanks to two powerful turbine engines rather than an efficient aerodynamic profile, several key design elements specific to reproduction in the Rc jet were incorporated into these model in reduced scale, and this in order to obtain the expected flight characteristics with the result, again according to Freewing, to have a surprisingly agile Phantom and with good aerodynamics that lands slowly and has a very high vertical climbing performance...

Name:	Vista posteriore elevator.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	2255227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista su pista led accesi.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	2255228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dettaglio missili alari.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	638.7 KB
ID:	2255229  
Old 02-21-2018, 07:11 AM
sandrocacciola

Here in the USA you will surely have already seen this material but but some modellist asked me some links to see the new Phantom Freewing 90m edf jet. Here are some pages. Material is not too. Marketing has yet to start ...

Download Freewing F-4 Phantom II 90mm Super Scale EDF Jet - Motion RC Announcement. - GenYoutube.net
Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet - PNP Rc Airplane Freewing Official Retail Store.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:20 AM
sandrocacciola

Here in the USA you will surely have already seen this material but but some modellist asked me some links to see the new Phantom Freewing 90m edf jet. Here are some pages. Material is not too. Marketing has yet to start ...

Download Freewing F-4 Phantom II 90mm Super Scale EDF Jet - Motion RC Announcement. - GenYoutube.net
Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet - PNP Rc Airplane Freewing Official Retail Store.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:34 AM
sandrocacciola

Currently Freewing have sold out for the first batch pre-order of models mainly in non-EU countries, while the second lot is in pre-order these days but at the moment in Italy I have not seen any retailer who has it in the reservation. You can also buy directly from the Freewing website. Currently the request seems to be higher than expected. In Italy, as often happens, the new Phantom could delay the commercialization.The pre-order price in the US is currently around $ 455.

Name:	In pista.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	770.9 KB
ID:	2255976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Particolare copckit.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	2255977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vista volo pancia.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	2255978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scheda caratteristiche PNP.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	2255979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot pagina Freewing.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	862.6 KB
ID:	2255980  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Staggerflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the 8s PNP version, slated to arrive for shipping in mid-May. Will be watching this one.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:38 AM
sandrocacciola

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Staggerflyer
I ordered the 8s PNP version, slated to arrive for shipping in mid-May. Will be watching this one.
Excellent choice even I do not like to connect two Lipo pack in series ...
Old 03-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Staggerflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sandrocacciola
Excellent choice even I do not like to connect two Lipo pack in series ...
I have no problem with running my batteries in series. Of my 11 giant scale aircraft, including one twin, the one in my avatar pic, 6 use series setups, including each motor on the twin. They use 5000mah 4x2s up to 5800mah 2x5s. The twin uses 2x3s 4600mah, per motor. I have never had a problem in over 10 years of flying big electrics. I have only had two crashes caused by bad cells that the internal wiring failed on, one in a series setup, and one in one of the single battery setups. My smallest motor in giant scale is a .90 sized Rimfire. Most are 1.20s, as well as two E-Flite Powers, a 110 and a 160.

This will be my first large scale EDF, although I do have a couple smaller ones. Was contemplating the Avanti when I got the email announcing the Phantom. As I worked around them in the service, I had to get this one. Really looking forward to it.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:31 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

I ordered the 6S version last month. said they wouldn't ship till May. I got mine on Friday (3/17). I put it all together on Sunday the 19th. Weather here in Ohio is crap (again), so my maiden most likely won't happen till next week. I have a few questions for those that may have already flown one.

1. When you set the stabs to 8mm for neutral setting.....is that 8mm below the hatch line on the tail cone (where it separates)?
2. Are the stock throws at low rate enough for the maiden....or is the high rate (or a mid rate) where I should be. I know the manual suggested high rate
3. I couldn't get 45mm of flap out of the servos and have them come back flush evenly. I got about 42-43mm at full flap.
4. I have 6S 5000 45C glacier packs. Looks like placing them right against the front of the canopy (toward the nose cone) gives me slightly Nose heavy CG. How did folks test their CG. I tried just using my fingers at the 190mm point on the fuse where the wings meet with gear up. A little harder to do since the jet is big and I didn't want to place my fingers out at the leading edge of the wing (too flimsy out there) like I do with my Giant scale balsa/fiberglass models

My only dislike with the plane so far.....while the mix board they provide makes it more PNP....I prefer my servos to be on separate channels so its easier to fine tune things like flaps/ailerons and disable NWS while the gear is up. With their board, its similar to Y harness...you can only use mechanical adjustments on the spline and turnbuckles. Not quite as fine in the tuning.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:05 AM
sandrocacciola

Dear friends
I'm sorry to inform you that my review of the new Phantom II 90mm Freewing can not go on. This is because Freewing, despite previous agreements, has pulled back and will not send me a Phantom II. Despite my pressures Freewing tell me that it's not available to practice a discount on the model price, but only to cut off a few dollars on the price. It is not for me a question of price but only of seriousness in respect of the commitments previously taken.
I'm sorry.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Tough luck "AMIGO", unless you do some serious improvements to the Freewing models it is pointless to do reviews for the PNP versions. Every other 'joe the blow' build them as a stock.