Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Looking at a FMS Futura

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Looking at a FMS Futura

Old 03-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Munger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a FMS Futura

Hello everyone

I have been flying planes and helicopters for several years and have always wanted a EDF Jet.

I have been looking at the FMS Futura.

Anyone have any experience with it? I have seen early posts of ESC troubles. Let me know. I am not an expert with the ins and outs of EDFs so any ideas are welcome.

Here is what I am looking for
- Able to take off from a grass runway
- flaps / retracts
- 6S capable
- Manageable wingspan to get it in an average SUV

So far the Futura fits the bill but the ESC troubles are concerning.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Bandetx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The original motor was actually rated 200kv higher than it was supposed to be, causing it to draw more amps than the esc is rated for. Newer ones have the correct motor and won't have any issues.

It has plenty of power, unlimited vertical. Can handle grass runway just fine. Can fit in a suv with wings on, but you can take them off too, they have bullet connectors built into the wing connection that make disassembly as simple as two screws.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:35 AM
besthobbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great jet takes off grass with no problem at all. Almost unlimited vertical. I am using 6 cell 4500 Turnigy Nanos. I came down a little long and hard and now have to replace my front retracts. The field was not great for landing hard a lot of bumps and holes. Jet glides long and with flaps you can crawl with it. So far 4.5 mins so far flying time with plenty 3.7volts afterwards. Maybe put a little more color under bottom as mines in red and white but it flies far easy and need to mark the bottom with a little more white tape. The retracts absorb like crazy love the trailing links.