Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Restored Kyosho Learjet

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Restored Kyosho Learjet

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 08:53 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Restored Kyosho Learjet

My buddy James brought an old Kyosho Learjet off eBay 3 years ago...and over last few months gradually put some time into restoring it. This is an old ARF from Kyosho and originally had brushed motors in the fans and fixed landing gear. James replaced with nice 64mm EDF system with brushless motors and retractable landing gear. Question remaining was would it fly off our relatively small bumpy landing strip?

Old 04-25-2018, 01:22 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

I had some fun with these in my early EDF days, wearing out motor brushes every few flights with my extra nicad cell in the packs. Had two of them in different color scheme but sold both to some beginner when upgraded to brush less jets. I remember they were retailing for 650 Aust. what a ripp-off for the bit of foam! I used to catapult them both with the main gears on but nose converted to ply skid hook. It worked well after initial test flights as on pic.