Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Byron jet edf conversions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Byron jet edf conversions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 04:30 PM
gottabeme
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Byron jet edf conversions

Anyone out there still converting Byron jets to edf.Ijust completed an Mig 15 (3rd.gen.)Flies great.Have much info to share if anyone is intrested.Am now starting an Byron f-16 an could use some pointers on what guys are doing with them .All the info i found so far is years old. Hoping for recent build and power system setups.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:19 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

all i can add, is the bob ruff adapter is a good piece of equipment, if ya want to keep the byron fan, and not go with one of the smaller electric setups.
also, if ya know anyone interested, i have an F-68 started kit i picked up in a trade. retract version. i would let go rather cheep.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:06 AM
gottabeme
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
all i can add, is the bob ruff adapter is a good piece of equipment, if ya want to keep the byron fan, and not go with one of the smaller electric setups.
also, if ya know anyone interested, i have an F-68 started kit i picked up in a trade. retract version. i would let go rather cheep.
Thanks for reply Mongo. The mig i just rebuilt was a 3 month project. I used the Byron fan with an Turnigy Sk-3 helidrive 600 kv with excellent results and plan on using on the F-16 if i can keep the weight down to 15 lbs or so. I wanted to share my build and power system results to anyone considering doing a mig conversion.More importantly, iam looking for info on someone who has built an F-16 using byro fan.Servo location- retracts-c.g and so on would be usefull info.Tempting offer on your Byron and if still available after i finish the Falcon i will keep it in mind.I live in Fla. so shipping can be expensive though.I will be contacting Bob for adaptor soon as i know ex actly which motor im going with.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:23 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i am not expecting it to go anywhere soon.