Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Any ever change to larger landing gear on a jet

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Any ever change to larger landing gear on a jet

Old 07-10-2018, 03:20 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ever change to larger landing gear on a jet

If all you have for a runway is cut grass and your jet tiny wheel get stuck is it OK to change to a larger size light foam wheel to solve the problem?
Old 07-12-2018, 12:46 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

With the small EDF like above pic you are better off to get rid off the landing gear, hand launch it and belly land it, if you haven't got good sealed strip.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:19 PM
suzonka

Default Freewing F-16 Falcon 70mm- need help with front wheel .

Originally Posted by Joseph Frost
With the small EDF like above pic you are better off to get rid off the landing gear, hand launch it and belly land it, if you haven't got good sealed strip.
How can I fix the front nose gear from bending on my Free wing F16 Falcon 64mm jet solid wire landing gear it doesn't have a coiled wire- keeps bending every landing?

I often think of getting rid of the gear ,how ever Like to take the plane back to me on the
field when it lands far away.

Last edited by suzonka; 08-04-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:05 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Smile

On your pic it seem to have coil wire leg, if you can't improve your landing skills and keep on bending it, just beef it up to larger OD wire. With the light model like that and smooth sealed strip you should be able to land it nice and slow with nose high flare. Get some video, love to see female flying EDF jet! I'm tired of grumpy old men.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:54 AM
suzonka

Default I found a new type landing gear for my 64 mm F16

On your pic it seem to have coil wire leg, if you can't improve your landing skills and keep on bending it, just beef it up to larger OD wire. With the light model like that and smooth sealed strip you should be able to land it nice and slow with nose high flare. Get some video, love to see female flying EDF jet! I'm tired of grumpy old men.
yes I have been landing Alpa however I think Im letting it fall to soon on the front nose gear . thanks for your help
Old 08-04-2018, 05:06 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fults landing gear has a double coil. Not sure if they have one small enough but worth checking. Note that Bob Fults is retiring so his stock is limited.

Fults Link
Old 08-04-2018, 06:42 AM
suzonka

Default Freewing YF-16 Falcon 70mm- need fix for front wheel .

Originally Posted by thailazer
Fults landing gear has a double coil. Not sure if they have one small enough but worth checking. Note that Bob Fults is retiring so his stock is limited.

Fults Link
wow if I was into glow models that landing gear would be great
Old 08-04-2018, 06:46 AM
suzonka

Default Freewing YF-16 Falcon 70mm- need fix for front wheel .

Joe that isn.t even what I have I wish I did have the coiled spring nose gear however the Jet f16 and the f22 by Free Wing are the same part number and has nothing but a straight wire and its soft wire to my amazement. yellow high lighted wire .
>

Last edited by suzonka; 08-04-2018 at 06:50 AM. Reason: added photo ,spelling