Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

recommendation to batteries and chargers

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

recommendation to batteries and chargers

Old 02-21-2020, 11:47 AM
bandit_av
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendation to batteries and chargers

Hi
I recently bought the hsd 90mm viper pro and according to the recommendations I need a battery of 5000mha 6s 40c.
1. As per your experience, which battery to buy, I've seen a variety of batteries from $ 60 to $ 150 in a matter of reliability, good power, load resistance, and long battery life
2. Which charger fits these batteries, in my opinion one of the features it can simultaneously charge two batteries at the same time, and also has the option of ac / dc
3. Is it possible to change batteries to increase the flight time, ie from 5000 to 6000 or more, and at the same time it is suitable to get up from 40c to more according to the engine I'm using.
I am really new to this and inexperienced, so I would love get help and guidance.
Thank you
Avi
Old 02-21-2020, 12:52 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

There's lots of battery choices. I use OptiPower 50c on my EDF's, there's plenty of other choices out there.

I use an iCharger 308 Duo powered by 2 12v server power supplies wired in series to provide 24v input to the charger from a wall outlet.

More Mah increases flight time but it also adds weight so you might have CG issues, usually best to go with what they recommend unless you have a lot of room to move the battery around.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:19 PM
bandit_av

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
There's lots of battery choices. I use OptiPower 50c on my EDF's, there's plenty of other choices out there.

I use an iCharger 308 Duo powered by 2 12v server power supplies wired in series to provide 24v input to the charger from a wall outlet.

More Mah increases flight time but it also adds weight so you might have CG issues, usually best to go with what they recommend unless you have a lot of room to move the battery around.
Thank you for the info.
I looked at the wrong chargers at all.
Thanks for letting me know what to look for.
Avi

Old 03-17-2020, 06:15 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had very good luck with this battery. My experience is that these are just as good as similar much more expensive batteries. If you always keep these at the storage charge level when not in use they do not puff.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...en_us_products

And, I second the recommendation of the iCharger 308 Duo. An extremely nice, do everything, user friendly programming charger!

Last edited by Steve Collins; 03-17-2020 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:53 AM
bandit_av

Originally Posted by Steve Collins View Post
I have had very good luck with this battery. My experience is that these are just as good as similar much more expensive batteries. If you always keep these at the storage charge level when not in use they do not puff.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...en_us_products

And, I second the recommendation of the iCharger 308 Duo. An extremely nice, do everything, user friendly programming charger!
Thank you for your input. I'm thinking about the battery from hobbyking, but for now everything is suspended because of the Coronavirus thing :-(