Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Freewing F-4 Phantom 8S PNP

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Freewing F-4 Phantom 8S PNP

Old 03-22-2020, 12:18 PM
YZ400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freewing F-4 Phantom 8S PNP

Hello Y'all,
Got some questions of this. I hope somebody can point me in the right direction.
1. How do the two 4S batteries connect to the speed controller? Since this is an 8S version it has to be in series correct? So do I need a special connector? (These are EC5 connectors btw).
Was I supposed to buy this series connector? or should it have come with kit? What am I missing here? a brain? :-)
2. What do you guys recommend for CG location? the instructions call for 190mm back from the L.E. but i have heard comments on youtube that this is too far back. any idea?
3. I'm installing the horizontal stabs and the gap between the root and the fuselage seems very excessive at about 3mm at the pivot point. Is this normal?
Thanks for any help!
Ned
Old 03-23-2020, 10:47 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Hook up your batt.in series, positive from #one batt. to neg. connector on batt. #two.You better off changing/resolder your plugs to 5.5-6mm bullets, as most of larger lipos come with them as stnd.
No idea about FW/F-4, but probly very close in size to "Fly-Fly" one I run on 8S at 180-185mm CofG.
Modify your H/stab axis so you have a minimal gap between the fuse.

"F-4" by 'FF' upgraded to 8S.

Also smaller Eflite one, note the CG line positions.