Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Freewing F22 Raptor

Old 07-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Freewing F22 Raptor

The recommended battery for the Freewing F22 Raptor 90mm is a 5000mah 6S LIPO. I have several 6000mah 6's which I'd like to use. But, of course, they're heavier. Has anyone else out there tried a 6000mah in their Freewing f22? Thanks!
Old 07-06-2020, 08:59 PM
iflircaircraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
The recommended battery for the Freewing F22 Raptor 90mm is a 5000mah 6S LIPO. I have several 6000mah 6's which I'd like to use. But, of course, they're heavier. Has anyone else out there tried a 6000mah in their Freewing f22? Thanks!
I use 6s 6000mAh HRB batteries in mine. I have it as far forward as I can get it but I have two extra servos near the tail to control my 3D printed thrust vectoring nozzles.
You absolutely can use 6000mAh packs as long as your CG is good.

Tom
Old 07-07-2020, 03:23 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the information. Seems the plane is very sensitive to balance. Without the canopy on, my 6000mah battery must go much farther forward than with the canopy, which doesn't weigh much at all. With the canopy, my battery is as far back as it can go without hitting something else in back. Are you using the factory recommended CG? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:54 PM
iflircaircraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
Thanks for the information. Seems the plane is very sensitive to balance. Without the canopy on, my 6000mah battery must go much farther forward than with the canopy, which doesn't weigh much at all. With the canopy, my battery is as far back as it can go without hitting something else in back. Are you using the factory recommended CG? Thanks.

Yes