Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

F-86 Nose Gear Retract

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

F-86 Nose Gear Retract

Old 02-21-2021, 02:38 PM
  #1  
[email protected]
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milford, DE
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-86 Nose Gear Retract

I'm in the middle of building an F-86 and all is going well. It should be a fun airplane when I finally get finished.
I have run into a problem with the nose gear retract. I can't seem to find an electric unit that makes the wheel lay flat after retraction. Does anyone know of a unit like that or can you send me on my way to modify an existing gear unit.
Thanks for looking in. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Wayne Nelson
Old 02-22-2021, 09:26 PM
  #2  
Joseph Frost
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coffs Harbour NSW, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 689
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default

Firstly, you should mention what make "Saber" it is, that's a common prob with this model due to its duct, the 'Trim Aircraft' one I used to fly had one specially designed to turn flat after coming up.
You could still get one if you shop around and your model is large enough to fit the whole assembly in. It was a genius design.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:22 AM
  #3  
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)
 
RCFlyerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 1,749
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm in the middle of building an F-86 and all is going well. It should be a fun airplane when I finally get finished.
I have run into a problem with the nose gear retract. I can't seem to find an electric unit that makes the wheel lay flat after retraction. Does anyone know of a unit like that or can you send me on my way to modify an existing gear unit.
Thanks for looking in. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Wayne Nelson
This is a the smaller 63" BVM F86 that I have for sale. If it is at least 60", BVM's retracts will work. There is also a lot larger one that is made by Skymaster. Also look into HSD F16 nose retracts if it is a smaller foamie.






Old 02-23-2021, 05:22 AM
  #4  
[email protected]
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milford, DE
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-86 Nose Gear Retract

Thanks for the great information. Already I have ads popping up with a wide variety of options. By the way, my Saber is rom Jet Hangar Hobbies and has a wing span of about 50". I have several sets of electric and air retracts that fit but non have a nose gear that makes the wheel lay flat. I've been experimenting with setting up a mechanical rotate but no luck so far.
Thanks again,
Wayne
Old 02-23-2021, 06:12 AM
  #5  
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)
 
RCFlyerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 1,749
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks for the great information. Already I have ads popping up with a wide variety of options. By the way, my Saber is rom Jet Hangar Hobbies and has a wing span of about 50". I have several sets of electric and air retracts that fit but non have a nose gear that makes the wheel lay flat. I've been experimenting with setting up a mechanical rotate but no luck so far.
Thanks again,
Wayne
These might fit?
https://www.gravesrc.com/shulman-avi...nose-gear.html





Old 02-23-2021, 10:14 AM
  #6  
[email protected]
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milford, DE
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-86 Nose Gear Retract

Thanks, perfect. they look just right. I put an order in a few minutes ago.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:22 AM
  #7  
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)
 
RCFlyerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 1,749
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks, perfect. they look just right. I put an order in a few minutes ago.
Call Graves direct to make sure they are in stock. If you haven't been there before, it is an old time BIG hobby shop. They have so much stuff, they might even have something that fits the JHH.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:38 AM
  #8  
jcterrettaz
 
jcterrettaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Carp, ON, CANADA
Posts: 352
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

https://www.hobby-china.com/planes/l...d_logo/15.html

You can maybe ask them
I have a BVM F86 air blue retract in mine



Last edited by jcterrettaz; 02-24-2021 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:54 AM
  #9  
[email protected]
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milford, DE
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-86 Nose Gear Retract

All good information ... thanks. Next question: I'm using a 5" electric fan. The Saber plans call for a 3 or 4" cheater hole in the center section of the wing. Is that necessary? I'd like to not cut the hole if possible.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:59 AM
  #10  
jcterrettaz
 
jcterrettaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Carp, ON, CANADA
Posts: 352
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

You should not make a hole , modern fan are more efficient and better performance using . But why such a big fan ? a 90 mm will be fine , in mine I'm using a 110 mm Stumax on 10-12 S battery

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.