Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Freewing F-14 Tomcat 80 mm Twin

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Freewing F-14 Tomcat 80 mm Twin

Old 02-20-2022, 12:08 PM
Chief101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freewing F-14 Tomcat 80 mm Twin

Guys, trying to step up from the E-flight F-15 and F-16 electric jets. For various reasons, I received for Christmas from the whole family, the Freewing F-14 Twin 80mm jet. :-) I have been studying the video articles from the RC Geek and RC Informer among others and while the slight modification to the battery compartment, replacement main wheels and assembly was a piece of cake, I need some help/advise on the radio set up, using the equipment that I have. I have been trying to figure out how to get an email to the Geek and/or the Informer to ask for help on radio set up with my equipment.
I have somehow ended up with two JR XP8103 "helicopter" version transmitters and have been using them for years with zero problems. I like the set up method that the Geek suggests, eliminating ailerons and going to full wing flaps that are programmed to become inactive during the swept wing mode.
I also want to incorporate a Gyro, so I want to know if instead of plugging each aileron directly into two different auxiliary channels as the Geek has done, can I use a 'Y" connector for the two ailerons and plug it into just one Auxiliary channel to save one channel on my 8 channel receiver for the Gyro.
And of course, I think that I need some help in setting up deactivating the flap/aileron combo when activating the swept wing condition.
Any help getting me in touch with these men or giving me some instructional help will be so well appreciated.
Thanks guys! Chief101
Old 02-20-2022, 05:07 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

some gyros allow 1 ail in and ail 1 - 2 out, some do not.
hint, the cheep ones are most likely not channel splitting capable.
eagle tree guardian, and hobby eagle super 3 version 3 are the 2 less expensive ones i know will allow you to do the split aileron thing in their programming.

as for the flap/aileron/taileron mixing, some one else will have to chime in on that.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:48 PM
Chief101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freewing F-14 Tomcat

Thank you for the response, Mongo. I have the HobbyEagle A3-L V2 and will keep what you said in mind. if it doesn't work, I will look into getting one that will. Too expensive an airplane not to have a little insurance!
I will be doing some connecting up the receiver to all of the functions and surfaces and check them out and then add the Gyro and see what happens. Then I will hope that someone smarter that I will chime in on the mixing necessary and if it is possible with my radios!
Thanks again.
Chief101