Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Freewing F-4 EDF power unit

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Freewing F-4 EDF power unit

Old 01-13-2023, 01:54 PM
drcoolfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freewing F-4 EDF power unit

Looking for a possible upgrade power unit from the stock unit. The stock unit consists of a 4075-1250kv inrunner with a 12 bladed fan.
Thanks.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:05 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Upgrade your speedy (150-180A) Improve your motor cooling by H/sink and go to 9S for mor power.
Old 01-14-2023, 06:50 AM
drcoolfly

Thanks for the reply Joseph. I was hoping for a simpler way to try without adding weight. I was wondering if anyone had tried a higher Kv motor with a 9-blade fan and staying with 8s power. But thank you for your suggestion! I don't think I would have thought of that.
Old 01-14-2023, 03:48 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Ading one or even 2 cells at 10S makes very little difference in AUW but great power boost. It's a pretty low kv motor to handle it if you manage well your throttle inputs. If you worry too much about the extra weight add on little wing tips to reduce w/loading with a bonus of getting extra stability.
I have upgraded one of my E/F Fantom from stock 6S to 7S, making all the difference, with a unique set up, sling shooter with the main gear on. (pic)

Old 01-15-2023, 07:08 AM
drcoolfly

Thanks again, Joseph. You are more ambitious than I am on this model, but I will definitely give that some thought! It is already fairly crowded in that cockpit with 8s, but I'm sure increasing it to 9s would not be that difficult.
By the way, what a beautiful beach to fly off of!! I love your Homeland, as my wife and I visited Australia a few years ago. East coast only, along with Tasmania, and it was spectacular to say the least!
Thanks for the pic.
Charlie Swain
Kansas City, USA.