Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

"Uncle willie's" ME 262 Elec plans

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

"Uncle willie's" ME 262 Elec plans

Old 10-23-2003, 09:42 PM
pval3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Uncle willie's" ME 262 Elec plans

Hey all

I recently got a set of "Unlce willie's" (big ebay plan guy) ME 262 E plans in the mail.

The design is based around the Astro 035G motors with a span of 55" and a fuselage length of about 40".

In the process of emailing uncle willie, I mentioned the small EDF thing and lo and behold, he included a reduced set of plans for a 262 with a 36" span. The fuselage is still going to be about 10" wide - - but . . . .

Im guessing I could possibly pull off an AUW somewhere around 3 to 3.5 lbs very easily but likely much lighter . . . anyone think I can get a set of wemotecs with speed 480's running - like 10 - 12 cells - to pull this beast off the ground??

I have never messed with these before and therefore have no idea what they are really capable of..

thanks
Phil
Old 11-12-2003, 04:27 AM
500MD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Uncle willie's" ME 262 Elec plans

We are just building an A10 63" span with 2x Wemotec mini fans 2 x Krontrontic Fun 400's, 22cells. sping air rectracts. estimated weight 95-100 oz, should give an excellent performance. We have flown brushed 480 motors in Wemotec minis with disappointing results.

I sold a bunch of old IC motors and other modelling junk on ebay, fantastic prices acheived and put the money towards the Brushless motors.

Regards

Robert