Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wattage Mirage 2000 Brushless, erratic flight

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Wattage Mirage 2000 Brushless, erratic flight

Old 02-14-2005, 11:35 PM
woodduck-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Mirage 2000 Brushless, erratic flight

I am on my third brushless Mirage setup and am getting a bit frustrated with some erratic flights.
The first Mirage I built used a Razor RZ 2500, 5x5 carbon prop, JR 610 receiver, JR 241 micro servos and an eight cell 1000 mah nimh
2/3 A battery pack. This plane was very fast and handled extremely well, then on one flight it just rolled over and flew straight in to the ground, bye, bye Mirage. I checked all the components, rx, tx, servos and battery, no problems, The crash occured in a medium turn.
There was no radio interference, There was only 3 of us at the field and all had different channels. The second Mirage used a Great Planes AMMO 3600 motor, Hitec HS 81 mg servos, a JR 610UL receiver ( different channel ) and a 3 cell 2100 mah Thunder Power lipo, same scenerio , a few good flight, roll over and crash. The third Mirage is intact barely, it uses the same setup as number 2 Mirage but the control rods are now carbon fiber with Sullivan steel arms. This last Mirage has had several great flights but the last couple of flights were very erratic and control was lost a couple of times briefly, I landed it safely. By the way none of the crashes or loss of control was at extremely high-speed. I am sure I am using good components and transmitters as they work on other planes without a problem. Is my setup just too hot for this plane? I would really to resolve this while I still have the plane in decent shape. I also have an extra one NIB. My 2 buddies have also had similar problems, mine is the last Mirage that still flys

The Mirage with a brushless setup is a very fast plane and a real crowd pleaser!

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and help.

Regards

Wood Duck
Old 02-15-2005, 07:40 PM
mavdriver
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wattage Mirage 2000 Brushless, erratic flight

Wood duck i also have a wattage Mirage that flys with fix gear very stable no eratic behavior what i did with mine i added exponential , it calm it down same receiver 610 as yours and jr 241s , one thing you mention that you crash the first mirage , are you using that same receiver on the second mirage ? if you are that could also be part of your problem , once you crash you want to send the receiver in for inspection , if it was me i replace the receiver . ED
Old 02-16-2005, 12:19 PM
woodduck-RCU

Thanks for the info, I did use a different receiver and transmitter and 1 have 50% expo.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Flyin Brick
My Feedback: (1)

Wood Duck,

I had this exact same problem...Flew a few figure 8s fine came around for a landing and the plane flipped over uncontrolably, made an upside down flight via autopilot landing between some nearby homes. Took me about an hour to locate it... I thought it was the plane, but turned out to be a couple faulty chips in the reciever which caused it to pick up some other signals in the area...lucky me...I thought this was weird considering the reciever was brand new. Hitec gladly repaired it for free.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:32 PM
von tressler

hi, wood duck i fly protech mirage comes with own motor and changed to 6v 400 7-2/3a-8-2/3a battery pack and sun speed controler 18amp.I have smashed up about 4 aircraft but have crack it with this latest set up flys hands off when air bourn it's as fast as my funtuna 40 with a os 70 hope some of my info is of intrest. von tressler
Old 02-24-2005, 04:28 PM
woodduck-RCU

Thanks for the info, I have tried several receivers and 3 different frequencies. My buddy has also tried his ham band, still glitches. The Protech Mirage is a completely different plane ( I have one ) and the characteristics are much different than the Wattage Mirage.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
von tressler

HI,WOODDUCK JUST RECIVED BATCH OF WATTAGE MIRAGES CHECK SPEC AND ARE THE SAME AS PROTECH MIRAGES THESE AIRCRAFT ARE VERY TWICHY AND ADDED EPO TO FLY AND HAVE NO PROPLEMS FLYING AFTER ALL IT'S ONLY $25 AIRCRAFT.PS THIS PLANE FLYS FINE WITH TABULATERS NOT FITED TO WINGS. VON TRESSLER