Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Het F-18 CG

Old 12-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Buggygovroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Het F-18 CG

Does anyone know the CG location on this plane? The manual says 2 3/4 inches back from the LE along the fuse... but is this the location where the LE overhangs the intake or the point where the wing contacts the side of the intake? I want to be sure before maiden.

Also how have some of you routed your antennas w/o getting interference?

Thanks

B
Old 12-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Buggygovroom

Default RE: Het F-18 CG

Old 12-02-2006, 01:03 AM
CTulanko

Measure 2 3/4" from the front tip of the wing root. Antenna was run as advertised without interference.

Carl
Old 12-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Buggygovroom

I went 2 3/4 from where the wing meets the fuse... wish i saw your post sooner. I did fly the bug and it was squirrley (spelling) but i did get a full battery out of it and put her down for some work. Im re balanced and going to try again this weekend hopefully with smoother operation. I moved it foward 1/4 inch from where I last balanced it which shoul put me in the spot you mentioned or maybe just a hair forward more. I'll have to go check.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Buggygovroom

Carl,

While your looking... do you know of any larger (midi fan size) single or twin arf f-18/f-16 or su-27 kits or arf models or can you reccomend anyone who stocks larger EDF jets... fiber or balsa preferred.

Thanks,

B
Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Buggygovroom

I just went and rebalanced my plane from the wing tip and man was it tail heavy previously. I wound up sliding the battery to the middle of the bay and removing 3oz from the very rear of the plane. No wonder it flew like a heli the first time I had it out At least It came back still in one piece. The best part about the first flight was it came in for a landing at about a 55 degree angle and plopped down soft in the grass. The best part of the next flight should now be its flying characteristics

Thanks so much Carl!

B