Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

wattage f86 saber jet

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

wattage f86 saber jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:41 PM
wildrooster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wattage f86 saber jet

my dad just picked up the wattage f86 saber bilt it and is afraid that will not fly well . he dose not like the links between the alirons and elevator and all so fells it will not have enougth power I told him it will be ok but if your not sure try it to a slope first he feels it will just get broke .So please share your experance with this plane

thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Ed Waldrep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wattage f86 saber jet

I modified mine with an elevator servo behind the canopy with a pushrod running back along the spine of the airplane that passed under the horizontal stab that split into a Y that ran to a control horn on each elevator surface. I may have raised the surface of the horizontal stab by laying some depron underneath it to raise it out of the way to make room to run the pushrod. You can buy 1/2a control horns from dubro or other suppliers make control horns.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:30 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wattage f86 saber jet

Change the motor to a brushless ... the brushed one has just about enough power to fly only. Get any cheap CHina made inrunner, 20mm-28mm can of about 3,600 KV min. You wil love it. China made ESCs are cheap too and they work fine.