Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

KAMODELS Mig-15 Park Flyer

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

KAMODELS Mig-15 Park Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
zenith16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KAMODELS Mig-15 Park Flyer

My AUW is 6oz. too much. (32oz.) Lots of excuses but first time trying is 95% of it. I planned on bungee launching from the beginning and I'm concerned if I'll get airborne once the plane leaves the rails or will it drop like rock. The weight isn't going to change I"ve moved the esc, receiver, battery. The fan is secured and the cg is dead on as Ken from KA suggested. Any good stories with a fat Mig would help.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
zenith16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KAMODELS Mig-15 Park Flyer

I guess it would help if the hardware being used was stated. The fan is a Wometec 505 with a HET-RC Typhoon EDF 2W brushless motor, a tp3s 2100 prolite battery, Mystery 60 esc and JR 790 receiver. Mini servos for ailerons and elevator. The little things definitely added up so my next attempt will have all the weight reduction ideas included. I think it will have enough get up and go. Just interested in anyones experience with a loaded Mig. [sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 05-16-2007, 11:57 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: KAMODELS Mig-15 Park Flyer

I think she'll still fly ok, launch may be slugish but other than that you're ok...The Mig is pretty efficient and has good power to weight. Have you held it straight up and see how much ppower you have? It should still be pretty close to 1:1 power to weight...