Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

GP Synapse

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
rcfanaticmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Synapse

Our club holds a yearly comptetition on New Years morning to see who can be first in the air. Two classes for the eventglow/gas and electric. The event is held no matter the weather conditions. This year there was light snow but no wind. Iam happy to report that my synapse flew beautifully! I have read other posts from people about this plane and got concerned that maybe I made a wrong choice in a ducted fan jet. On the contrary! Setting the throws and CG as directed in the instructions, made this plane a breeze to fly. It only took a couple of clicks on the up elevator to trim it out. The only disappointment I had was with the speed of the plane. They described it as being very fast....I wouldn't say that. It does zip through the sky, but I was expecting lightning speed. Once I find someone with a radar gun I will put it to the test. The control response is crisp, making rolls and loops very easy and controlled. Not a bad little jet for a $129.00 in the receiver ready version. Just thought I would give you the update. Thanks again for your help! Happy New Year! ( BTW: Mine was the 4th plane in the air)
Old 01-01-2010, 04:26 PM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice way to start the new year! I flew mine today also. I know that speed is in the eye of the beholder (pilot) but mine sure does seem to zip around pretty quickly. However, i took it to our regular club field a couple of days ago where it is wide open with a nice long runway and it didn't seem to be going as fast as it did in the small field where we go sometimes. We all agreed that with trees and other terrain features in the background the perception of speed increased because it seemed like it was screaming again today. Anyway, it was a gift and i am tickled with it. Happy New Year!

PS: We didn't have any snow but it was only about 75 degrees or so here in SW Florida so i had to at least wear a tank top.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
bigkenny51

i too have just purchased the synapse, i wasnt too happy when you said that it was slow. i bought the rxr version and have not set it up yet. i too have the spektrum dx61.

what motor did yours come with?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:06 PM
rcfanaticmark

Mine came with the 20-40-3500 Ammo brushless motor. I believe this is the middle of the road engine available for this plane. I know in earlies posts I was dissapointed in the speed, but in reality, it does zip around the sky pretty quickly. I found out just how fast last month while doing an inverted pass and lost concentration for a brief second....that's all it took. Buried her in the ground nose first. Not repairable, but the motor and fan unit run just fine. I may order the fuse and install the fan unit over the winter. I am also considering designing a plane around the fan unit...we'll see. Good luck and enjoy your synapse. It really is fun to fly!