Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Airpower F-20 EDF CG

Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Airpower F-20 EDF CG

Hello guys,

The manual of the Airpower EDF F-20 says the CG is 65mm-75mm back from the lading edge, but i have no idea if its from point A or B.

Does anyone know ??

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43962.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	846551  
Old 01-10-2008, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airpower F-20 EDF CG

my guess would be (B)
also how much does this puppy weigh?
ive been thinking about getting one.
I have a 70mm fan and motor.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM
My Feedback: (12)

I fly a HET F-20 and decided not to install the Leading edge lift devices. The CG is measured from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage. With that said, I would not use either "A" or "B". Draw an imaginary line along the leading edge of the wing all the way to the fuselage and use that as your reference point. The CG recommendation for my F-20 is 67mm and it works PERFECTLY!!
Hope this helps.

-larry-
Old 01-11-2008, 11:03 AM
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

OK guys on the CG from point B the plane flys well as far as CG goes, but has almost no power at all with the stock AP700 setup - i have no idea why, but it barely had enough to lift off, and flew a couple circuits on the verge of a stall.

This is strange since the video on their web site shows some very nice power with the stock setup !

4S1P 3200Mah was fully chraged ! and motor seems to push air really well out the back side - any idea what could be causing this ??
Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 PM

I just purchased one of these last week with the 70 mm fan included but have yet to purchase a motor. Any advice on what to go with? I want almost unlimited vertical and speed! Please help if you have any answers. Also, let me know about speed controls and batteries as well! Thanks!

ndfanatix