Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 SU-47 RTF EDF  too good to be true? >

SU-47 RTF EDF too good to be true?

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

SU-47 RTF EDF too good to be true?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU-47 RTF EDF too good to be true?

I was tooling around looking at EDF jets and warbirds, and happened upon this beauty.

It looks spot-on in details, and the quality seems comensurate with the price for a RTF.

Anyone have experience? I looked here in the forums, but no mentions of it at all.

SU-47

http://www.bananahobby.com/1539.html

The SU-47 program is developing the next-generation air superiority fighter for the Air Force to counter emerging worldwide threats. It is designed to penetrate enemy airspace and achieve a first-look, first-kill capability against multiple targets. The SU-47 is characterized by a low-observable, highly maneuverable airframe; advanced integrated avionics; and aerodynamic performance allowing supersonic cruise without afterburner.

This SU-47 holds the same beautiful lines as the original fighter jet. The wing and body used in this jet are specially designed to allow high G maneuvers, yet the wing loading is still very low. It becomes a stableaircraft with excellent performance.

Feature: 4 Channel Full Function Radio Controlled (Aileron,Elevator,Rudder,Throttle) 4 Channl Digital Proportional FM PPM High Quality and Performance Futaba Compatible Radio
Full aerobatic characteristics; inside loops, outside loops, axial rolls, inverted flight, knife edge, stall turns, hammerheads, and spins are possible
The wing and body used in this jet are specially designed to allow high G maneuvers, yet the wing loading is still very low
2 Powerful twin ducted fans with brushless motors makes it possible to fly this plane at high speed in the situations with much wind
Excellent hedgehopping performace
Die-cast design , spare parts are easy to replace
Excellent stability of nosing up and down
One of the best ducted fan jet in the market!
State of the art components such as Twin EDF55 Ducted Fans with Brushless Motors, Twin 18amp Brushless Speed Control, and 2200mAh 11.1 Volt 15C Li-Po Battery Pack
Famous "Cobra Maneuver" available
Steerable nose landing gear
Rudder helps steer plane on ground on its scale landing gear for easy take off
Ready to Fly in Just Minutes!
Super tough, lightweight airframe!
Perfect appearance and emulation (Scale appearance, great attention has been given to details)
Shock Resistant Reinforced Fuselage and Strong Wings
Can Take Off From Ground or Hand Launched
Ground Take-Off can be performed easily
Excellent Flight Performance
Super easy and super stable electric powered scale R/C park flyer for beginner or middle-level users
Stable inverted flight
Fuselage with pre-installed Electronics, Motor, Servos, and Speed Controller
Superb Quality, Simply the Best RTF Jet you can find!!!
Super stable for beginner, Super low speed for safety, Super low altitude for fun
Fabricated by accurate molds with high fidelity of real airplane
One of the Best Looking Jet in the market
Excellent stability and aerobatic capability
Detailed Body Structure
High roll rate
Digital Proportional Motor Speed Control
Slow Speed Flying Capable, Good for Beginner
Suitable for both beginners and experienced pilots
Approximately 10-15 minutes flight time on each charge - Optional Li- poly battery will help to achieve better performance and longer flight time.
All spare parts and accessories are available
Complete Kit, Ready to Fly, Easy to Assemble (Everything is included and 90% assembled -- only required 8 AA batteries for the transmitter to start flying)

Specification:
Wingspan: 1024mm (40.5 in)
Length: 750mm (29.5 in)

Flying Weight: 700g (24.5 oz)
Wing Load: 55g/dm²
Wing Area: 12.7dm²
Drive System: Twin EDF55 Ducted Fans with Brushless Motors
Servo: 3X 9g high speed micro servos
Speed Controller: 2X 18amp Brushless Speed Control
Battery: 11.1V 2200mah 15C Li-Polymer
Control system: 4 CH Multifunctional FM Radio Transmitter and 6 CH Micro Receiver
Radio Control Range: 3000 feet (1000m)

Package Include:
Airplane (90% assembled)
4 Channel Multifunctional FM Radio Transmitter
Wall Battery Balance Charger
High Quality Rechargeable 11.1V 2200mah 15C Li-Polymer Battery
English Manual

Old 03-13-2008, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SU-47 RTF EDF too good to be true?

You have to ask your self can the parts be bought easy and do you have any edf flight time and how well of a pilot are you. They have some very nice looking planes. but how do they run?? I don't know but most fomies are very fast and well made. I might even grab one for 200 bucks sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:35 AM

Personaly, I'm more than confident that I can fly it no problem....... its LANDING it that makes the stress LOL... slowing down a 60 mph rocketship to a stall... hmmmm with this kind of set up, one can almost "pitch stall" it and land it on an air mattress! aha... or so I hope.

The website says they have full parts avail. no listings though.

it does indeed look really nice... even if it is a cieling hanger queen..............
Old 03-14-2008, 12:19 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 85 Likes on 75 Posts

in looking at the pictures, did you notice the 2 upside down shots of the control linkages? seems a strange hook up, if that is an accurate representation.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:42 PM

It's a very easy plane to land, it slows down well. You would be very surprised. It's a lot of fun to fly.
It's made by FlyItYourself, Bannana Hobby is just one seller. I got mine from Nitroplanes, who seems to have it for less than anybody else.
The control setup works just great, the ailerons and elevators are linked. It looks funny, but works great.

I am super happy with this plane.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:53 PM

so it is "Flaps" and "Tails" ? it must roll on a dime and snap turns fast as if it had thrust vectoring.

how much runway it need to take off and land ?

F-it.... I ordered one from Nitro planes.com. Their check-out is much more streamlined and I can use Paypal.

Just too cool looking of a plane to pass up and becides, I need a battery and charger anyway.

What doesn't make sense is its a 4 channel TX, but 6 channel RX.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:45 PM

I got it today. Holy crap it is nice. [X(] !

Will post pix later in the AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 AM

I have heard others on RCG talk about the 2 FIY planes and they have all had good things to say about them. Few issues here and there but nothing is perfect. All in all very nice planes.

Jason
Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM

Got the Jet. Box was smaller than I expected.

http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/469...7453109_rs.jpg

Oh, I'm so glad to know !

http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/479...3215114_rs.jpg

OH NOES ! there is WITCHES !

The instructions were hilarious with some typos and improper wording, but was clear and easy to use with good pictures.
There was no instructions as to how to set up the radio equipment as the RX was not installed in the plane at the time which could also be a nice thing for people who are more interested in just using the plane and their own radios.

http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/507...1901428_rs.jpg

http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/482...5505905_rs.jpg

The gear kit that came with it seemed good quality. should be able to handle a few hard landings.

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/480...5381362_rs.jpg
Fairly nice charger, and it ballances as well. NO AC ADAPTER that I could find, so I'll have to figure that one out on my own.
The Lipo.... no idea the brand or quality, but the plugs and wiring look to be of good quality.

http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/492...6474279_rs.jpg

nosecone came pre weighted and is hollow plastic that gets glued ont he front. I was a tad dissapointed about this, but it may be a blessing in desguise as it will be easy to replace once I smash it * and yeah I know it will smash, I always am busting up the nose on my planes.

More pix of build comming soon.

http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/490...7652120_rs.jpg
Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 PM

keep up the good build report, I love reading them makes trying to decide what type of plane to get next alot easier.
-TLS
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/502...4541122_rs.jpg

all the parts.

They all test fit together very well.

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/502...5056247_rs.jpg

hatch is lexan plastic and velcro for RX.

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/489...9903747_rs.jpg

twin esc's in the tubes for cooling.

http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/485...3050747_rs.jpg
Old 03-26-2008, 02:00 AM

She looks decent enough. Foam looks decent quality and Components seem to be decent as well. I have seen alot worst components offered with planes. Keep us posted and thanks for the log.

Jason
Old 03-26-2008, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

Personaly, I'm more than confident that I can fly it no problem....... its LANDING it that makes the stress LOL... slowing down a 60 mph rocketship to a stall... hmmmm with this kind of set up, one can almost "pitch stall" it and land it on an air mattress! aha... or so I hope.

The website says they have full parts avail. no listings though.

it does indeed look really nice... even if it is a cieling hanger queen..............
You are being entirely optimistic that this will ACTUALLY fly. BananaHobby.com is one of the MANY AKA's for NitroPlanes.com also (AKA RaidenTech, AKA eGrandBuy.com, AKA grandhobby.com, AKA zhobby.com, hobbypartz.com, wonderhobby.com and few other AKA's - watch for the SAME or similar phone number and times when you can call them - always noon to 6PM PT)

There have been a LOT of people on this forum with a lot of the EDF planes these guys sell (made by one or more companies in China, like Guanli) that barely or can't even get off the ground! I'm one of them, I have an A-10 that takes over 100ft to lift off (barely, until we modded the hell out of ours) that's made by Guanli and this SU-47 is also made by Guanli. The Guanli planes ARE nice looking, but the electronics and motors are very poor quality and very under powered. Also notice that all these AKA dealer names always seem to be "sold out" of replacement parts, or don't list any other than "coming soon".

Another huge stinker with these Guanli planes are that the RC radio gear is the terrible 27Mhz AM! It's not even proportional! At least the Extreme RC brand planes use 27Mhz FM proportional!

If you want a nice looking styro Ceiling Hanger, buy a kit without any electrics and then buy those separately ... if you actually want it to fly.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:11 PM

Webster, you are wrong about this one.
I'm familliar with the GUANLI stuff, and this is miles away from it.

72 mhz full porp edf and brushless, twin esc's, the servos are "Bluebird" and the battery is LiPo.

Made by a company called FIY "Fly It Yourself" they have a f-16 also that flies really nicely.

EDIT: ok, I ran the servos and the running hardware through a few "paces" on the bench, and I can say with out a doubt that the wing servos suck ass. I had one lock up and "freeze" on me twice, then it stripped a gear.

I'm replacing the 2 with some E-Flite s-75s I'm not taking the chance on them locking up in mid flight.

The wing aleron hinges are not attached very well with the kinda crappy HongKong "tacky glue" and I had the throws set at maximum and I ripped one off the surface of an aleron (closest to the servo control rod). I reglued it and it is fine now.

the engines sing a nice loud as hell hum and for fear of waking my upstairs neighbor, I didn't go past 1/4 throttle, but it was enough to blow papers off my desk, so I can tell this baby has a lot of grunt sofar.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:01 AM

Dave ESPI...I wouldn't trust the s-75s either. I had them in my Shogun 400 size helicopter and they failed and yes I mean they. I replaced the bad one and then another failed, so then I just pulled them out replced them with JRs at the time and when I got my T-Rex I put Hitec 65s in that.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 AM

It looks okay, not sure if it is one of those China rip-offs. I know that Banana Hobby gets all their aircraft from China. Just looked at the RICCS aircraft website, the place is in Asia. You might want to be careful, if you want to buy it, get it from Hobby Lobby. Banana Hobby looks pretty shady. Incase you haven't noticed, they don't have any of the name brands, IE, Horizon, Great Planes, Hobbico, Top Flite, etc, etc...
But I am not trying to stamp you out, the plane looks fine. But there is an even cooler plane on Banana Hobby, go under Electric Fighter Jets, and there is an F-19. It has retracts, and features a Futaba 7C radio. Good luck with the flying.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Hey, I guess HeliTB and matoran629 agree with me and set you straight. 95% of the stuff that comes out of China is JUNK, including this SU-47.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:10 PM

I never said it was perfect or "superb". LOL

I just said it was one of the nicer planes I've seen for the price. I was hoping for it to be just a bit better quality of servos out of the box. I would rather find out the servos are crapola while on teh ground bench testing it and loading them under heavy strain rather than have it 200 feet up and doing 70 mph LOL.

I'll swap them out this week and if the wind ever stops, I'll get a maiden.

I can say it has HUGE PUSH ! I ran the plane for 1/2 a battery at various speeds and it didn't glitch, or have power draw dropouts from what I can see and hear.

Hopefully I just got some minor issues and it will be good to go after this

MATOR, yeah I seen that one. Its hot for sure !
Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Hey Dave,
Have you flown the SU 47 yet and if so how did it fly, I'm thinking about get this plane.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:05 AM

HI, I have not yet had the time to fly it. I have been busy with work, and been flying the PBY Guanli Catalina a few times, and crashing my ME-109.. LOL. I'll have the jet out in a few weeks.. just need a nice day with some friends down at the airstrip. It needs a longer runway to land than I have available to me at present location, and nighttime flying with a black plane............. Just a bad idea.. LOL.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:30 PM

I was going to get the ARF version and put HS-55 servo's in it, is it worth the money in your opinion?
$159 seems like a good price for this plane.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:46 PM

Get the RTF. For a few dollars more, it is easily equiped with good electroncs that are basicly a Futaba radio that has mixing, and just replace the 2 wing "bluebird" servos. Sell the radio and servos if you want too, but for the extra few dollars, the plane is worth it RTF......... unless you have a few spare recievers and a multi model radio with some empty slots onit and the servos lying around.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 AM

http://www.nitroplanes.com/surepa.html

REPLACEMENT PARTS AVAILBLE! sweet !

I'm going to fly this beast this weekend (Weather permitting)
Old 07-09-2008, 05:01 AM

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 PM

I am really excited to see how your maiden goes. Video? I was thinking about picking up the f-15 EDF myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.