Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

F4 PHANTOM?

Old 05-11-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4 PHANTOM?

hi i was wondering does any body make a good F4 phantom? i found a couple with turbines in them but that costs like 8,000. I was hoping for like kyosho ducted fan price range . But elevator and Ailerons would be nice. Thanks for the help with my day dreaming.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 PM

Default RE: F4 PHANTOM?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...05#post9608205
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=849315&page=5

kyosho is coming out with one.

Kevin~
Old 05-11-2008, 03:11 PM

I hope it has alirons not just ruder . Thanks for the post
Old 05-16-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking for something that looks real and is a little larger in size check out the Phantom made by Yellow Aircraft. I've had one hanging in my basement the last 5 years, awaiting a power plant that would produce more than the original Nitro units. Tam (TAMJETS) is making me a custom intake and exhaust that will hold his new 100mm EDF unit. With a couple of 4000 mah batteries we expect this airplane to really move. Keep ya'll posted.

Chris Balling
Old 05-16-2008, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris Balling

If you're looking for something that looks real and is a little larger in size check out the Phantom made by Yellow Aircraft. I've had one hanging in my basement the last 5 years, awaiting a power plant that would produce more than the original Nitro units. Tam (TAMJETS) is making me a custom intake and exhaust that will hold his new 100mm EDF unit. With a couple of 4000 mah batteries we expect this airplane to really move. Keep ya'll posted.

Chris Balling
is it meant for turbines or ducted fans? but just by the looks of it, it looks about of my price range.
BTW has any one heard of Innovative Jet Designs i like the raptor kit.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:38 PM

The Yellow F-4 is not a Park Flyer. It was originally a DF built around an .82-.91. Some have put small turbines in the airplane with mixed success, but the Tam conversion to EDF should make it a dream machine. There are a lot of accessories one can add to the scale realism so it can get costly. Electric Jet factory (Tucson) used to make a foam Phantom and may still have the plans for it. HET had one as well, but it was quite boxy in appearance...........Good luck in your search.

Chris Balling
Old 05-16-2008, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris Balling

The Yellow F-4 is not a Park Flyer. It was originally a DF built around an .82-.91. Some have put small turbines in the airplane with mixed success, but the Tam conversion to EDF should make it a dream machine. There are a lot of accessories one can add to the scale realism so it can get costly. Electric Jet factory (Tucson) used to make a foam Phantom and may still have the plans for it. HET had one as well, but it was quite boxy in appearance...........Good luck in your search.

Chris Balling
well i am becoming a member of a club so i am not limted to park flyers any more can you give me a rough estimate to get one flying? thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 11:37 AM

With the number of accessories available for this airplane (retracts, operating flaps/canopy, ordinance) it can get expensive, but you don't need to add all of this at the beginning. My recomendation is to call either Tam (408-224-7600) at TAMJETS, or Shaun (619-944-7574) Yellow Aircraft. They can give you a close estimate. I've seen some of these Phantoms finished to museum quality and others that simply fly great. Mine should be completed in mid July and I'll post pictures as to its looks and flyability with Tam's 100mm fan unit.

Chris
Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I just saw the other day that Kyosho is coming out with a F4 ducted fan. It might be just what you are looking for.

Jim
Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 PM

Dont forget about the edomodels F4 that is already available. It's getting rave reviews so far. The price is really good. So are the looks.

Edit.. here's a link... http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34940

Edit again... check em out for sale at www.turbofanelectrics.com

And yet again.... I like the steerable nose gear and the fact that it has landing gear. Some people like the Kyosho F-4 but IMO the Kyosho looks way too cartooney. The edo is closer to scale and just looks MEAN.. IMO of course No more edits.. heh
Old 07-08-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just maidened my EDO F4 on Sun ... she's nice ... simple and looks great in the air ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70384.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	986774  
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 AM

Chris Balling

Chris,
Have you checked out [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872711]THIS[/link] A direct replacement for the 91 fan units of the 80/90's. Im still working on a mod to the Byron fan.

Cheers