Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Ebay Rafale...?

Old 06-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Y2Breeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Rafale...?

Hi,

I've been in the car R/C scene for a while, but after seeing the Snowbird in Montreal (@ Canadian F1 GP) and Snowbird/Blue Angels/Thunderbirds/Red Arrows (@ Quebec City International Air Show), I tought of buying a small airplane to have some fun.

I looked and found a pretty good looking Rafale RTF on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-RAFALE-RTF-RC...QQcmdZViewItem

About 200$ with free shiping to Canada.

The included video seems quite nice, but I'm sure there is a lot of pratice to have this level of control...

I don't have a very high budget at the moment, but I'm sure I can trim 200$ from my expenses to buy what looks like a lot of fun...

What do you think about this product?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Ebay Rafale...?

i was looking at that same plane, since i am in the market for an edf plane. almost bought it, too, (especially when a 10% coupon popped up on my ebay account). but, i just don't trust those dealers, worried about communications, returns, etc. hobby-lobby.com will have them is stock soon, along with replacement parts. i am going to wait til then to make my purchase. it looks like a great plane, very impressive performance in the videos! good luck.....rob
Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

I have about 75 flights on my Rafale and it is one of the most stable planes I have ever flown. let me know if you have any questions about the plane!

Regards
Joey
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79812.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	974423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16184.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	974424  
Old 06-20-2008, 02:53 PM
RFINALDI

thanks Joe for the email , I followed up with a Reply , I am so pumped to get this plane !
Old 06-21-2008, 07:56 PM
rob737

hey joey.......i was just looking at this plane on a couple of websites (again). where did you get yours? also, how does it do on it's own gear for take off and landing? will it rog off a typical baseball diamond? i noticed on your pic that you were hand launching it. how about flight time? thanks for your help, i was trying to decide weather to buy this plane or the mirage 2000, but the rafale looks like a real winner. rob
Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 PM
RFINALDI

Here ya go !

I am waiting for mine in the mail now , ANYDAY now

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rafale.htm

heres the video of the plane
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 PM
RFINALDI

HEY JOEY GOT MY PLANE TODAY . I WILL ASSEMBLE TOMORROW NIGHT ., IT LOOK AWESOME !!!!

HEY HOW LONG DO U NEED TO CHARGE THE BATTERY FOR ?

ALSO DO U HAVE RECHARGEABLES FOR THE RX RADIO . ????

WHAT DID U USE TO MAKE THE HOLES FOR THE VENTS FOR THE BATTERY WHEN IT GETS HOT?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM
SoppyJoe

Rob,
Sorry it's taken me a few day to respond.

It should have no problem taking of from a baseball diamond, she has plenty of power. I just can't stand seeing gear on a jet so I just hand launch mine. Im about a 100 flights now with it and I fly it hard and she is still going strong. We get about 4 minuets of flying time, it can go a bit longer but I like to save a bit a juice in the battery.

It really is a great airplane. I love the mirage but I would get the Rafale first.

Any questions just email me!

Joey

Old 06-30-2008, 08:03 AM
RFINALDI

Hey Rob , I have the Rafale , ALLS ready for her maiden takeoff! "Almost" , I am trying to attached the front nose landing gear to metal shaft attached to the fuselage and it slips off the screw is stripped I think , and doesn't tighten enough to hold the gear on the metal shaft that is attached to the front of the fuselage .....any suggestions !?

thanks
Rich
Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 AM
RFINALDI

Hi Joey ,

As far as takeoff , I saw a posting on rcgroups.com , and this guy said , he had a horrible time taking off from the ground , is this typical ya think ??? in the video , it looks like it takes off with no problem .....whats your take on this ?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:38 AM
rob737

guys, thanks for all the great info. still struggling with which jet to get. joey..it looks like you are really enjoying your plane! i'll keep an eye on hobby-lobby and hope they arrive soon. just had a buddy have a bad experience from an ebay r/c dealer, so glad i didn't go that route. mr. rfinaldi, can you please post a link to that thread on rcgroups? interested in the rog issue........thanks, rob
Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 AM
SoppyJoe

Rob,

Contact Delfin at SNHobbies.com. He has them in stock, and you will get it in about 5 working days. I can't imagine anybody having trouble hand launching the Rafale...I barely even toss mine, and its bone stock out of the box. I am going to try and get some video of mine in flight here soon.

I have 10 guys here in Va beach that fly them and not one complaint.

Out of all these RTF foamy EDF planes on the market right now that I have seen and flown, this one is my favorite.

IF you want to see some detailed pics or any questions let me know.

Regards
Joey.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:15 AM
SoppyJoe

As for the ROG issue,

All you have to do, if you want to use the gear, is just lengthen the nose strut, the plane should have a bit of positive angle of attack sitting on the ground and I promise you it will rog just as nice as any plane.

Cheers!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
RFINALDI

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-RAFALE-RTF-RC...QQcmdZViewItem

This is the same one that Joey spoke of , Delphin is cool , he has tremendous EBAY feedback , like 99% positive ....

I have some pics here for all of us to enjoy

JOEY - I have to still make that mod for the holes , so the battery can disapate the heat, I think the maiden flight will be happening this weekend , hope I dont crack it up !!!! LOL

Name:	Lj24193.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	982086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86054.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	982087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51232.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	982088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94410.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	982089  
Old 07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive been watching this post for a while now and really shouldnt buy this plane but I just cant help myself. I looks awsome! and Joe swears by it, and Ive seen others rave about its performance. The price sure is right. AHHHHH what the heck. I cant take it any more Im reaching for the credit card.lol But before I do that, do any of you guys know if they make an ARF version.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
SoppyJoe

Yea the ARF is about 10 bucks cheaper or so.

So get the card out, and place that order! maybe one day we can have an edf rafale rally!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:01 PM
RFINALDI

lol yep they do , goto www.hobby-lobby.com for an ARF version
Old 07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Vettster

OK guys! I placed the order. I Cant wait already.lol By the way guys! I live down the road from the guy on e-bay that is selling this plane for (I paid $189 us) I checked his Feedback and there is one Rafale buyer after another saying thanks for the fast shipping and not having any trouble at all. Plus the planes are already in Canada so hense the fast shipping. Im not trying to sell this guy or anything, Im just saying....

Thanks for the info on the ARF guys but after a litle research its just a cheap to buy the RTF, at least in Canada that is.

Joe I would love to see more pics. Dont be shy dude! post them on here so we can all take a look.

Take care EH!

Trevor
Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
RFINALDI

Trevor yep , I got mine from Delphin a week ago , now tomorrow weather permitting (or saturday) I will fly her for the 1st time ...

I was flying my AIRHOGS Jetscream tonight , just getting my confidence up .....I can fly that blindfolded ! lol

anyway good luck men !!!

Rich
Old 07-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Vettster

You guys ever look into a subtitute for that Li-po and go for the A123s? There just so much safer and faster to charge. Only thing is the voltage. each cell is 3.3v so that would mean you will get a 9.9v 3s battery (under powered) or a 4S at 13.2v Possibly over powered and over weight. I have a 3s A123 in my A-10 and it weighs 130g What does the stock battery for the Rafale weigh.

Rich! let us know how the flight goes!

oh and Joe! Im liking the idea of a Rafale Rally! Say..........your place in ohhhh.... Febuary.lol Gets a litle chilly around here at that time of year.

Trev
Old 07-04-2008, 10:58 PM
RFINALDI

yeah I wish I live in NJ
Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
SoppyJoe

Rich,

Did you get a chance to fly her yet? I had lightning hit a telephone pole, and haven't had internet or phone for the past 2 1/2 days. I was hoping that you had a successful flight!

Crappy weekend here in VA Beach, wanted to get some video of the Rafale in flight. Wife couldn't make it to the field with the camera, but I did get a couple of flights on my new bird......

Vet,

I have tried several different size lipo's with the rafale, but the 1300 size seems to be the perfect fit. You can start to "feel the weight" of the 1500's and up

Joey

Name:	Ig13712.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	985170  
Old 07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Vettster

WOW!!!! Wait a minute! I didnt know thay made an F-104. Thats my fav plane! How does it fly. I can imagine your landing speeds are pretty high. I also love the saber and the............................................... ....etc etc etc
Old 07-06-2008, 10:50 PM
RFINALDI

MAYDAY ,MAYDAY !!!!

DUDE BEING THE WEATHER SUCKED UP HERE IN JERSEY FROM THURSDAY NIGHT TO THIS MORNING ! DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO FLY TIL TONIGHT ! SAD TO SAY I HAD A "MINOR" CRASH ...............

I WENT FULL THROTTLE .....AND I WENT ALL THE WAY UP ON THE ELEVATOR ...I DIDN'T TRUST THE PLANE TO TAKE OFF SO I OVER COMPANSATED THE ELEVATOR , THE SUCKER WENT STRAIGHT UP VERTICAL THEN TO THE LEFT AND LOST CONTROL ..

DAMAGE INCLUDING

NOSE MINOR DAMAGE - FIXED

FUSELAGE = CRACKED IN FRONT OF WINGS - FIXED

NOSE GEAR BENT BACK - GLUED AND FIXED ....

WING TIP BROKEN OFF = GLUED BACK ON AND FIXED

ALSO THE 2 MAIN LANDING GEARS GOT BENT OUT OF WACK ALITTLE BIT ,
(THE PLANE WILL ROLL BUT NOT AS FREELY AS BEFORE CRASH .

ANYWAY - IT WAS DEMORALIZING , -

ANY SUGGESTIONS BUDDY ?

THANKS
RICH
Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
SoppyJoe

Man,
sorry to hear that! next time just hand launch!!!

If you do want to ROG, just lengthen the nose gear, it needs to be about a half inch longer. Other wise, unfortunately as you found out, it likes to stick to the ground!

Joey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.