Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Getting into Jets.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:14 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting into Jets.

Hey guys,

I've finally came to a conclusion what I want to really fly. I went to the field the other day and saw a guy with a Sniper EDF. That thing was awesome and it flew like on rails. I feel like im not ready for something like that, so I ordered two different planes that I hope will help me out. I don't want to get into a plane like the Sniper too quick, I want to go though multiple steps. First off, I got the new Yardbird RC Mig pusher prop jet so i could get a feeling for how a jet maneuvers around the air. THen, I went to trickrc.com and saw new outrunner mounts for their new wings. I couldnt resist putting in my AXI 2820/10 and Jeti 40 amp ESC with my polyquest 11.1V 3300 mAh setup on that and watch it fly unlimited verticle (says the owner of trickrc.com). I feel like this new wing will help me get used to the speed and provide alot of forgiveness in the event of a crash. After getting used to flying both planes (which i have not yet done because one is almost done at the work table and the other one is being shipped) I was thinking of actually getting an EDF. I would be looking into either the Alfa jets from hobby-lobby or the starmax receiver ready EDF's. Right now, im pretty confident about my skills because after countless hours on the simulator during last semester at college, I've gotten alot better at the sticks. My favorite airplane right now is the hobby-lobby yak 55 foamie. But anyway, I was thinking you guys could tell me if im on the right path towards high speed EDF adrenaline? anything missing?

Thanks!

Samolot
Old 07-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Getting into Jets.

Something fast and fun but cheap? Look for the Tiger Shark EDF 400. Get the package or just the kit. If its the kit then look for a 20x40 mm inrunner of about 4,200 KV to 4,600 KV. You only need a 25A ESC. This plane flies well and its agile. Hand launches are easy and landings can be slow enough and its very manageable. Its a good start to something faster. Knock yourself out ...