Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

R/C RADIOS JR12X or FUT12Z 2.4 sys.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

R/C RADIOS JR12X or FUT12Z 2.4 sys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
1-large-bob
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C RADIOS JR12X or FUT12Z 2.4 sys.

Hi Guys. Got back into a turbine jet again. I would like a new radio just for my new jet, I would like some inputs on this two model radios. I was told that the JR will not let you select switches very easely. I own a fut. 9c and a jr 10x. Thanks for your help. Robert
Old 08-04-2008, 04:42 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: R/C RADIOS JR12X or FUT12Z 2.4 sys.

ORIGINAL: 1-large-bob

Hi Guys. Got back into a turbine jet again. I would like a new radio just for my new jet, I would like some inputs on this two model radios. I was told that the JR will not let you select switches very easely. I own a fut. 9c and a jr 10x. Thanks for your help. Robert
Post this in the Turbine forum, you'll get plenty of replies...the old Ford vs Chevy thing.

I have 40 or so flights on my 12X in my turbine Bandit, a 30% gasser, and a Vapor...the 12X has been flawless. I will slowly add more models as I convert them over to 2.4 from my trusty old 10SXII and 10X transmitters.

You can easily assign any function to any switch, slider, etc... in the "device select" menu you'll get a pictographic display of all of the available, assignable input devices. Piece of cake.

Barry
Old 08-16-2008, 08:28 PM
jetflyr

As Barry said, Ford vs. Chevy. Both of the 12 systems just plain work.
Two of us here have 100+ turbine flights on the 12Z....we've been Futaba users for 20 years, and I have 50+ edf flights as well.
If you are comfortable programing your 9C, you'll figure the 12Z out in a Flash, and the selectivity is amazing! (I used the 9C then the 12Z). I can't comment on the JR radios since I haven't used them.

Barry: How similar is the programing on the JR 10s and 12s? That might be the deciding factor...similar pathways?
Greg
Old 08-16-2008, 10:17 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Hi Greg - hope all is well out in Co Springs!

The 10X and 12X are essentially the same in programming terminology and setup, there are some differences (improvements) such as pre-programmed mixes for multi servo control surfaces, more setup options, and the like. But if you know you need 5% offset, 25% pos. expo, 50% dual rate in middle DR switch position, etc for a given setup on a 10X - it is all identical in effect and setup on the 12X.

Enjoy GSW/Waco, wish I could go this year -

Barry