Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

het f20 bungee launch

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

het f20 bungee launch

Old 09-19-2008, 07:57 PM
mark660

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default het f20 bungee launch

hi can any tell me how much pull i will need and what kind of rubbers i can use. shes ready for maiden with no launcher im very tempted to hand launch?
thanks .

Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
CAP232Pilot-RCU

Default RE: het f20 bungee launch

I used the black bungee I got with another EDF. I think it was the 1/4 inch, covered with black cord. I set mine to 10 pounds of pull. I used a digital fish scale, works well. I think I could go a little higher on the pull.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:38 AM
CTulanko

Default RE: het f20 bungee launch

Mark,

You should use at least 24 lbs of pull, but gauges and meters are not accurate. I recommend at least 80 feet of pull from where the bungee front is anchored as this model takes some extra to get it airborn. This applies when you use a bungee from http://www.aerofoam.com/hosemonster.html and they have the best. It is a black, UV resistant bungee that does not dry out in the sun like tan colored latex bungees. Their 25' Catapult bungee is what you want to use and it comes in three sizes. The Standard is 1/4" ID with 1/8" walls and is the one you want to purchase. Note that this bungee comes with a leader cord and if you wish to use it, you must add the leader cord's length to the distance I prescribed. You can also go to www.warbirds-rc.com and visit their "Research Center" Section. Under "Hints and Tips" you will find photo instructions on building a dolly and launch pedal, which is the prefered method for bungee launching your model. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Carl