Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WHERE TO BUY 6mm DEPRON OR BLUE CORE FOAM

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

WHERE TO BUY 6mm DEPRON OR BLUE CORE FOAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Stryker4002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE TO BUY 6mm DEPRON OR BLUE CORE FOAM

Greetings I am looking for 6mm depron or dow blue core foam. I CANNOT find it in any lowes in Utah . I would like to build a few pusher jet park flyers but need the foam before I get too excited . Can someone please direct me to a CURRENT source for this foam. Thanks I appreciate it. Please email me at [email protected] with an answer. Thanks again Denny
Old 10-03-2008, 12:17 PM
jdetray

Default RE: WHERE TO BUY 6mm DEPRON OR BLUE CORE FOAM

Hi Denny -

You can purchase Depron and many other types of foam from [link=http://www.rcfoam.com/]RCFOAM[/link].

In my area (Ohio) Dow seems to be phasing out BlueCor in favor of Protection Board III. This might be happening nation wide. Protection Board III is very similar to BlueCor but has the thin plastic film on only one side rather than both sides. It is still blue in color, still 1/4-inch thick, and still sold in the same 25-panel fanfold bundles.

Protection Board III is found in the insulation section at my Lowes. It's intended for use under vinyl or aluminum siding. My Lowes also has a couple of thicker types of blue foam.

It's possible that this type of insulation is simply not used in your area, so Lowes does not stock it there. You might call around to other home centers and lumber yards - any place that sells insulation and building supplies. I found my last bundle of BlueCor a few years ago at a local lumber yard. They even had a big banner saying "Dow BlueCor Available Here." I couldn't miss it!

- Jeff
Old 02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Sparrowhawk963

Lowes sells a blue foam called Bluelinx 1/4" x 48" x 50' Fanfold Sheathing
Item #: 127129 Model: 669153
And I have bought it from the West Jordan Lowes.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Flightops_69

Hey all, I'm poor too, and wife would rather spend money on food storage... How well does this stuff work for fabricating acft?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Flightops_69

Hey all, I'm poor too, and wife would rather spend money on food storage... How well does this stuff work for fabricating acft?
Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

HI;New to this foam bit want tobuild a Capricorn for float flying!I got sojme depron about 3/16th thick but here no idea how toobtain more of it and what size do you use as seems to be sold in mm!What about the stuff that Michaels etc sell looks about the same and does come in different thicknesses.Actually have some of this about 1/4" thick and after sitting for a while now has a big bow in it wouldn't be good if it was a wing!!DId Google search and lot of CO.s in the UK listed.What size do you use for planes?This 3/16th looks to be OK for wing actually it is the remnants from a Capricorn I think!Any hints!!Thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 09:51 AM
jdetray

The most common thickness of Depron used for building foamies is 6mm or slightly less than 1/4-inch (0.2362 inches). Depron is also available in 1, 2, 3, and 9mm thickness. [link=http://www.rcfoam.com/]RCFOAM.com[/link] sells these thicknesses.

You can often fix a bend or bow in a sheet by gently bending it in the opposite direction.

- Jeff