Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Banana hobbie's new f18

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Banana hobbie's new f18

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana hobbie's new f18

ORIGINAL: ricardinho

do not buy the rc lander. another pieace of junk. the landing gear are junk and the plane is heavy and very underpowered. would not not come off the ground.... finnaly got it off the ground and pitched up and nosed in . broke the wings and gear.. no more foam jets. there a rip off. junk.. i think there all from the same manufacture... i have never been so insulted by products. i am not even going to push the issue with this. i am taking it as a lesson not to buy anymore gimmicks.. you get what you pay for in this hobby. buy the best you can afford,,,,,,,, any way you will not be impressed with this jet. the ones that fly the best are the cheap nitro model 64mm 70mm jets . they are desighned to fly.....
Sorry about your F-16 but my Panther flies great. The retractsissue is being adressed. I'm getting another as soon as there done. Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28666.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1122088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49987.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1122089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36821.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1122090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc86317.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1122091  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Edge 540
My Feedback: (2)

Gents,

I own one of the Lander F-9f Panthers and I have nothing but positive things to say about it.

- Installed a set Of Het retracts that look sharp
- Flies extreamly fast, I would say 100 to 105 ???
- Very doscile when it comes to tip stalling
- Metal motor smooth and quiet, very efficient
- Great scale detail with added gi-joe 1/12 pilot
- With a Rhino 3700 4S I can get a 8 min. flight.

VERY NICE PLANE !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 AM
pmmeyer1

First I want to say that I have read 90% of this entire post (11 pages at this point), and understand when demand outpaces the ability to manage it. Pete, I've seen you at the field, and drull over the f-18 all variations.

However, I've had some problems and am starting to regret my purchase at the latest AMA convention. Here are some of my problems with the plane:

*The right landing gear mount wasn't glued - no big, glued it just fine.
*The landing gear popped when retracting, had to disassemble it shave off some plastic to
stop it from binding - no problem was proud of myself for fixing it.
*The landing gear servos were really hard to adjust, the front gear would lock and start to bind before the main gears were fully down and locked - okay that took a while but got it to work. However, this is when I stripped the red servo. Figured out the hard way that red meant backward servo (counter clockwise). Purchased a standard replacement that didn't rotate the right direction. Later purchased an inline servo reverser and shoved it under the center electronics. A bit ugly and bulgy, but it works.
*The little pin holding the rear cannopy popped out - no big, glued it back into place.
*The assembly instructions were horrid. Fortuantely, the plane is easy to assemble, mostly. I still have no idea what to do with the velcro strap. I think it holds the battery, but how?
*Finally, the BEC shorted while setting up the reciever. Apparently, the two leads going to the receiver were stripped to far back, and when the plug twisted, pop! Now I need to find either a replacement or a dedicated battery for the receiver.

Okay, that's some bad, and no it hasn't flown yet. But here's the good.
* Plane looks awesome - well painted, no scratches, no missing pieces, and love the Jolly Roger.
* The EDF screams, can't wait to see it fly. Foamies Rule! (sort of)

Pete, if you can help me with the reversed servo and now the BEC, that would be great, if not, I'll figure something out. She'll either fly or I use it instead of packing peanuts when she crashes - please please fly.

Something on a personal note, I know that when the pressure is on a people are upset, it sucks. Just take a step back and find a solution, work with the higher ups. There's a serious amount of profit that can be made from these planes, because they look awesome and fly great, with the right support. I believe you have the right attitude to make banana hobby the best it can be. Just don't be the only one holding the whole thing in the air, it's too much for one person.

Pete, if you want please email me at [email protected] if you get this.

Thanks, Paul.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
pmmeyer1

She had her maiden flight, and she's not packing peanuts. I haven't flown a jet before, so there was a bit of learning to do, and explains why when I tried to land I trashed the landing gear. But the plane is fine. I stalled about 3 feet above the landing strip. It looked a lot like bambi after godzilla stepped on her, legs everywhere. I'm sure I stripped most, if not all, the landing gear servos. But I learned that this is a fast, powerful plane, and needs to land hot.

I should have it fixed up by this weekend, and weather permitting I'll be at the field again with her. So, despite all the problems I wrote about in my previous post, and a few more, I overcame them and have a good plane. I didn't get a chance to open it up and really see what she can do, but that will come in time. I'm sure I'm going to love it. If I can just figure out how to land.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
ricardinho

you really think this was good after a hard landing. so every not so good landing people have to replace the landing gear and servos. that doesnt sound good to me. just wait until the next dozen flights. these planes are a joke. you get what you pay for. sorry but i cant say anything good about this plane. i wont lie......
Old 02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
socshooter
My Feedback: (45)

Gents,

Had the maiden flight for the F-18 and let me tell you pmmeyer1 you are not the only one. I was waiting for a nice day to fly and yesterday was it. Upon arrival to the field there was a bit of crosswind but nothing serious. I checked all the control surfaces and the volatage on my pack and was ready to go. The F-18 took off like a screaming demon but about 100 feet up in the air the right ealeron servo (which I did not change) gets stripped and it locks up. The f-18 goes into a uncontrolable roll and plunges straight to the ground. Lesson #28 on the banana hobby F-18 change all the servos if you want to have many successful flight because they are all junk. Lesson #29 Read the blogs before you buy a model specially from banana hobby...LOL Oh by the way they still haven't replied to any of my multiple emails.
Good luck
Old 02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
frisconick

And....they still have "rudders" on their banner ad.
nick
Old 02-10-2009, 03:23 PM
ricardinho

thanks . sorry you had to learn like i did. my nose gear servo locked out on takeoff and coused mine to vilolantly go left into the fence. could not slow down or rotate... i had about twelve successful flights on it but every the plane needed repairs. i landed it very easy and still the f ge would bend in . after straightening the gear so many times it softens the metal making it brittle.. anywane with foam junk. getting my boomerang sprint this month cant wait to fly it... like i said before you only get what you pay for. again sorry you had to learn the hard way like me. i feel bad for you.....
Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Detour747

Those are some pricy accidents. I feel sorry for both of you.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
VA
My Feedback: (1)

Well.....for the record. thanks banana for showing me the way....and its not the banana way. I used my $600.00 to get an RC lander F 16
Old 02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
AB Bob
My Feedback: (20)

Just deleted Banana Hobbiy from my list of "Favorites".
I imagine many have done likewise...
Customer Service means alot.
Thanks for bringing this to light.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 PM
fossoman

My f35 came from nitroplanes and its a great plane. http://flightwizzard.wetpaint.com/pa...ion+Exceed+F35
Flight video I added a few mods so its a little faster than stock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KRrk7sY4i4
Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
ricardinho

i have the f18 from nitro models. its no speed demon but fun to fly. not one issue...
Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Edge 540

BANANA HOBBY'S SHOULD STICK TO SELLING WHAT THEY ADVERTISE IN THEIR NAME " BANANAS "

THEN MAYBE THEY WOULD PUT OUT A GOOD PRODUCT!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Dave ESPI

I think a few people should cut Pete some slack here...... He is young and this is a start up business that exploded with sales and all the logistics that come with it for one person to handle is a bit daunting. Atleast he does come on the forums and attempt to reply. If he sat on the forums and delt with every little nitpick thing, he would never get anything shipped out or the bigger issues resolved (like the metal gears that were supposed to be in the retract servos). At least his versions have adressed a few of the issues that his competetors have not on similar models. Banana Hobby is obviously having some growing pains.

Hopefully in a few weeks time, it will be straightened out and He will make good on the "issues" some of us are having.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
socshooter
My Feedback: (45)

Dave ESPI,

This is a business that is he is running and modellers are paying good money for these foamies. First of all he is falsely advertising many things about the models he is selling. Second other companies are selling their models with less problems, less money and a better customer service than Banana Hobby. So if I dont feel your sentiments about Pete well to bad. I wasted $600.00 plus another $100.00 in servos and it supposed to be a RTF kit. I will not knock down a young Entrepreneur. But if he wants to run a successful business he needs to start first with a good product and then a better customer service which he has none. Cut him slack... No way... He has allot to learn in running a business
Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Edge 540

Dave ESPI,

I understand your comment, however I totally disagree with it. I spent over 700 dollars to get a foamie that was advertised as having full house accomidations.

I actually called and spoke to a sales person last evening at banana hobbies, and she fed me a total line of dukey. She told me blatenly first that they do have working rudders and that they have all came that way. Then I proceded to tell her that I was staring at my'n infront of me, and then the story changed. Well.... let me check she said. She came back and said that the new ones are coming with rudder and that " PETE " said that they versions with rudders don't fly as well lol lol lol. I also pointed out that I ordered my F-18 the first of Dec. of 08' and that the homepage of their website still says working rudders? That is probably why they lowered the price a hundred bucks or so to justify their false advertising scam. When someone goes and spends big bucks for dukey, they really can't give remourse in this matter.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:14 AM
rcmiket

Dave while I'm the first in line to give someone a break especially small businesses now with the economy the way it is but this guy's customer service stinks. Check around in some of the other forums. This is not the only instance. Mike
Old 02-12-2009, 07:54 AM
ricardinho

look thats the problem with this world right now. to much jaw and no action.. i can get on here and talk all day . is that fixing anything.. no.... bottom line the plane should be taken off the market until the front nose gear problem is solved and retracts solved . and better servos installed. it would not cost much more to put in some nice hitec minis. the plane DOES NEED RUDDERS. come on tell that to the blue angel pilots that there planes dont need rudders. how do you take off in crosswinds and land in crosswinds without rudders... do you have this plane. if not you dont know whats going on. no disrespect. i have no problem with pete on a personal level. he did refund my whole purchse due to the crash from bad electronics.... the plane is my problem..
Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 AM
rcmiket

No disrespect taken but I might mention that you blasted the RC Landers F-16 over in RC Groups also. Have you bought ant EDF's that do meet your standards? Yes i have flown EDF's without rudders and crosswind is a issue but being that they are so light the rudder has little effect. My Landers Panther an H/L F-16 both have rudders and are of little use on the ground. You got your money back so whats your problem? You want them to pull the plane? That's not going to happen and you know it. While I have no intention of doing business with Banana the word will get out about them and it will take care of itself. Mike
Old 02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
ricardinho

no problem just learned not to buy junk. thats really what these foamys are. come on i have owned 35% and 40%ers and never have had issues like this. and yes about the lander another pieace of junk. the gear almost burned up the servos and the plane barely came off the ground on a full charge lipo. its cold here but that should not coused this problem. you think i am the only one complaining but read the early post on the lander f16 and see all the unhappy. i tell you what why dont you buy one of these f18s and tell me how you feel later. and know i diogt all my money back. how about the 3 servos and allt ime i had to spend trying to get this plane right... isnt your time worth something. i work to hard to buy junk.. now i do have one of the 70 and 64mm nitro planes f18 s. perfect. not one problem.. there fun but no more foam planes.. i like quality..sorry.. and yes there are lots of planes that fit my standards and these two dont.....
Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
rcmiket

I've read your posts and I agree to some extent but your opinion is yours and mine is mine. I feel that these foam EDF's serve a purpose here in our sport and you need to know what and who you can trust. You really don't think that you can compare a 35 or 40% pane worth over 2 grand to a 200 dollar foamy do you? I know guys who dump a thousand bucks in some EDF that don't fly. Its all good and all fun. Sometimes it just cost a few bucks to learn the ropes. Mike
Old 02-12-2009, 12:00 PM
ricardinho

hey man no problems here . no hard feelings . no you cant compare giants scale planes to 200 ducted fans . you would figure though that when you have bigger more complex planes that you would have more problems. but not the case. my only problem was a choke servo. in this hobby its quality quality... yes you are right to each his own.. really though you cant read anything on here that is positive on this thread.. again want to keep this thread friendly... thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
rcmiket

I've found that I mess less with my big stuff than the EDF's. If you really want to try your patience get into helicopters. Between learning to fly them and the maintenance it will drive you nuts. Mike
Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Edge 540

OK.

I WANT SOMEONE TO TRY AND DO A SLOW ROLL ACROSS THE FIELD WITHOUT RUDDERS? I OWN A LANDER PANTHER, AND IF I DID NOT HAVE A RUDDER ON IT I COULD NOT DO HESITATION 4 POINTS, AND SLOW ROLLS. WELL, I COULD BUT IT WOULD BE FOAM DUST. I ALSO FLY HELICOPTERS OWNING A BLADE 400 AND A BELT CP, I HAVE FLOWN EACH ABOUT 30+ TIMES, AND I HAVE YET TO PERFORM MAINTENANCE ON THEM, EXCEPT FOR EVERYDAY STUFF. NO HARD FEELING TOWARDS ANY OF THESE POSTS, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE WE ALL CAN AGREE THAT BANANA HOBBY'S SELLS ITEMS THAT THEY DO NOT SUPPORT. I DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE BLATENLY LIE TO ME, AND THAT IS WHAT THE GIRL FROM BANANA DID. NOT GOOD.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.