Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Ultrafly D/13/32kv/Wattage powerfan >

Ultrafly D/13/32kv/Wattage powerfan

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Ultrafly D/13/32kv/Wattage powerfan

Old 01-21-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultrafly D/13/32kv/Wattage powerfan

Anybody besides me ever tried the Ultrafly D/13/32 outrunner in a wattage 400 fan unit? I robbed this motor from an Ultrafly SU27 kit that I never assembled (I can't stand jets with props on the back, sorry). The motor is rated at 160 watts max/ 40,000 rpm max. I routed the wires through the fan housing along one of the stators. ESC is Electrify C-20, battery is a Tanic 10C 1050mah pack. static runup in a Wattage F86 showed exactly 160 watts on the meter at full initial power setting. I have had several Wattage f86 planes, and with the elevator servo (Hitec55) located in the rear of the cockpit, and one servo hidden upright in the fuselage botom driving both ailerons, it weighed 14.5 oz and flew very well. I bungee launch, but It could have been hand launched easily. I lived up to my user name-Lousyflyer. It lasted about seven flights. I am now going to try it in a kamdax Mig15. I am a firm believer in 'lighter is better', so the Mig will have to lose some weight. I may need a thrust tube, as well.-Frank(lousyflyer)Sheridan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78106.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1116064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47075.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1116065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14603.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	70.4 KB