Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Littlettle help for the old man???????????????????? >

Littlettle help for the old man????????????????????

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Littlettle help for the old man????????????????????

Old 02-04-2009, 07:12 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Littlettle help for the old man????????????????????

For some strange reason, have caught the EDF bug. Worse yet, have fallen in love with the canards such as the Eurofighter, JAS 39 Gripen, Mirage. The single motor systems such as in the Gripen seem to be the best overall way to go allowing for purchase of good gear in front.

The problem revolves around size and total cost. Would like to keep a good flyer with 10 min. or so flight time and reasonable size for the old eyes and budget under $500. or so. In looking around in the RCU forums and RC Groups I just don't see any good information on the new carnard birds. Need to get it right the first time and avoid the costs of stumbeling around. Am building a launch system now, but prefer something with the poop to ROG. We have a paved runway, but no grass. Kyosho Mirage DF45 is interesting except for the tiny 24" or so wing span making things hard to see. Don't seem to have a problem with spans of 30-36" up to 150 mph or so. I like the glass fuse and built up or balsa/foam wing, but am not opposed to a good flying foamy. Have 5 3D electrics now and most of my flying is done with them as they are so easy to stick in the outback and go fly. My existing chargers and related equipment is good to 4 cells, hope to keep battery needs to 4 cell and 4,000 to 5,000 mah, but not a major issue.

If you have any recommendations from experience, I shure would appreciate a little guidance as to airframe and equipment. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Littlettle help for the old man????????????????????

You might want to ask this question on "the other RC forum"
Old 02-05-2009, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Littlettle help for the old man????????????????????

Check out Sapac's Gripen. It is all EPP foam (not the coffee cup stuff), but large at 58 inches long and they recommend a 4S setup. Comes with a fan and motor too, for about 200 bucks. Here is an awsome vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSdQqAhkSR0 Here is one of many places to buy: http://shop.turbofanelectrics.com/ca...c?categoryId=8