Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

RBC PANTHER

Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RBC PANTHER

I have flown R/C since 1960, but I am new to Electrics. I have a RBC Grumman Panther and I am ready to install equipment.Where is the best place to install speed control to kep it cool??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10899.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1194676  
Old 05-08-2009, 07:06 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RBC PANTHER

What fan. motor, battery, ESC, expected power level?

On my low power (~490 watts) MF480/HET2W, the ESC is below and behind the canopy with only a little ventilation. It is barely warm after a 5 minute flight

If you are concerned about a lot of heat then the best place to install the ESC is in the outlet duct but extended wire length can become a problem, resulting in voltage spikes that can damage the ESC.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Larry. I was running my set up on bench , and ran it until my battery ran down. The controler did not get very hot.. I have an 90mm fan ,Phoenix Controler 80 4300 mhn 18.5 battery,and a Mega motor.Would it be better to make the wires as short as possible?
When I have the Plane finished it will be dress up in Blue Angels colors . The first Aircraft that I ever painted was the Right wing #2 plane , in 1952. Since then I have painted all are parts of 200 Real Aircraft The Panther and Cougar are my Favorite Jets as I worked on them for three years.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The F9F is probably my all time favorite. Here's mine which has logged 241 flights as of this morning.

48" WS, Kyosho fan, HET2W motor, hand launched.

Keep all the wires as short as possible
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76090.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1195189