Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Banana Hobby F-14 and B2 >

Banana Hobby F-14 and B2

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Banana Hobby F-14 and B2

Old 06-28-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banana Hobby F-14 and B2

Wow, these look great. They have a Spektrum DX6i, pnumatic landing gear, speedbrakes and flaps, just amazing. The website is bananahobby.com, and under electric fighter jets.

matoran629
Old 06-29-2009, 12:06 PM

Default RE: Banana Hobby F-14 and B2

Anyone?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:01 PM

These do look sweet, however I have heard too many bad things about Banana Hobby. If someone like Hobby-Lobby, etc. sold these, I would buy both of them!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:40 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Check out this website for some QUALITY EDF's

http://www.jettechmodels.com/servlet...F-40%22/Detail
Old 06-29-2009, 07:52 PM
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: matoran629

Wow, these look great. They have a Spektrum DX6i, pnumatic landing gear, speedbrakes and flaps, just amazing. The website is bananahobby.com, and under electric fighter jets.

matoran629
Those aren't spektrum dx6i radio's included with the planes. From the web site:

That is not all, this Ultimate B-2 even operates on Full State-Of-The-Art Specktrum 2.4GHz Transmission System and included a Li-Po battery balance charger for charging 4S batteries!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:00 PM

Yeah, but if you look at the cockpit pic, you see the AR6200 remote receiver and the spektrum logo on it. Anyway, loads of people spell Spektrum wrong.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: matoran629

Yeah, but if you look at the cockpit pic, you see the AR6200 remote receiver and the spektrum logo on it. Anyway, loads of people spell Spektrum wrong.

Those pictures are of Pete's test model using his own radio and receiver. Look at the drop-down options where you can select to get it without the radio and receiver, it subtracts $25. It will come with a very cheap $25 2.4 radio system. I do really like the looks of this model, but when I read the description and saw them use the term "Specktrum" I immediately thought that it was misleading. Intentionally misleading? you be the judge of that.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:16 PM
My Feedback: (5)

My vote would be Intentionally to mislead...but who knows! Only Pete does. The entry level full range Spektrum 5 with it's $90 some dollar retail would cost the plane manufacturer about $50 to include it! No way this plane comes with a SPEKTRUM 2.4 system.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:31 PM

Ok guys. I'll email Pete and ask him.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 PM

Just sent email.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:21 AM
My Feedback: (7)

so have you heard back yet?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:05 PM

no, he hasn't emailed me back yet.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM
My Feedback: (4)

YOu really have to watch Chinese made items. Yes i think the "Specktrum" is misleading. Another good example is the Gibson Guitar fakes that you have to watch on EBAY.

If it sounds too good to be true...it's too good to be true!!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
My Feedback: (18)

guys, if you want a F-14. Go to Banana Hobbies, they have a beautiful F-14 just placed on there site for sale. [Complete with X-miter, receiver, battery. ARF.]
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 PM

Here is one more thing that is suspect about the claim of a Specktrum radio. Why would they offer to sell you 8 batteries for the transmitter when the DX6i only needs 4 and it comes with the batteries on Horizon's site.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 AM
My Feedback: (66)

ORIGINAL: gary41

Check out this website for some QUALITY EDF's

http://www.jettechmodels.com/servlet...F-40%22/Detail

It's funny that the jets this website sells look just like the jets Bananahobby sells. What makes them so much better to buy from this site?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
My Feedback: (23)

Hopefully , this one doesnt choose to learn the hard way and purchase from Banana Peel. You "might" get what you ordered. And by the time you replace all the defective parts you could just have purchased an american made quality controlled product.
I'm speaking from expereince.... and dont like paying for a partially empty box and never getting what I paid for. AND if you need tech support or customer service to help a guy out... you can forget about that too. Your stuck with whatever junk is shipped.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:18 AM
My Feedback: (1)

does anyone have any info on
the b2 stealth bomber,how it flys
the controls and if it is worth buying
the u tube vids look good the ones
i can find
thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

Hopefully , this one doesnt choose to learn the hard way and purchase from Banana Peel. You ''might'' get what you ordered. And by the time you replace all the defective parts you could just have purchased an american made quality controlled product.
I'm speaking from expereince.... and dont like paying for a partially empty box and never getting what I paid for. AND if you need tech support or customer service to help a guy out... you can forget about that too. Your stuck with whatever junk is shipped.
I can only agree in part. Having just jumped into the EDF world, I've yet to see an American-made EDF jet. For the most part, yes, you get what you pay for. But, of the 6 different EDF jets I've purchased in the past 9 months, I've only had problems with one. My first EDF jet was the E-flite F-16 (the one with the crappy motor). Although I purchased it from an American based company (Horizon), they didn't build that plane here, they got it from China, and it was a POS. Everything is coming from China, and most can be bought from an American retail outlet (yes, banana counts) without ordering directly from China, so you are not screwing Tower or Horizon anymore than they are screwing themselves for offering such a limited selection of EDFs. You are actually helping the little guy, because there are a bunch of small web-based companies that sell EDFs...all right here in the good 'ol US of A. You may get a little better service from the big name retailers, but no matter where I order from, if the jet is a hit on the forums, then I don't plan on spending anytime talking to a customer service rep.

There's an old saying in the Air Force "Don't fly the A-model of anything". It applies here. Don't buy the RTF or PNP or BNF of ANYTHING, unless it's been out for a while and it gets good chatter on the forums. (I've found that the "reviews" on here and elsewhere are unreliable) Buy the ARF and put good, time-tested components in it. I've done that on 5 other EDFs (including the E-flite airliner) and had nothing but success. I can't say the same for my friends who buy the RTFs.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree in part , when you dont jump in on an ARF , you may not see it again , so yes there is risk but that is the price you pay for impatience .
Let me explane , if the MOQ is met on the first PO and the second shippment seems to be short on making full containers or production runs , you wont see the plane offered any longer , its that simple , its about production runs , container orders and the ability to meet demand if theer is any on the second order .
That is 100% the reason behind the obsolete website knows as NitroPlanes .com .
Half the time when they sell out they either have zero intentions to meet the MOQs on reorders or dont have the demand for the MOQs full containers
Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: tankertoad

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

Hopefully , this one doesnt choose to learn the hard way and purchase from Banana Peel. You ''might'' get what you ordered. And by the time you replace all the defective parts you could just have purchased an american made quality controlled product.
I can only agree in part. Having just jumped into the EDF world, I've yet to see an American-made EDF jet. For the most part, yes, you get what you pay for. But, of the 6 different EDF jets I've purchased in the past 9 months, I've only had problems with one. My first EDF jet was the E-flite F-16 (the one with the crappy motor). Although I purchased it from an American based company (Horizon), they didn't build that plane here, they got it from China, and it was a POS. Everything is coming from China, and most can be bought from an American retail outlet (yes, banana counts) without ordering directly from China, so you are not screwing Tower or Horizon anymore than they are screwing themselves for offering such a limited selection of EDFs. You are actually helping the little guy, because there are a bunch of small web-based companies that sell EDFs...all right here in the good 'ol US of A. You may get a little better service from the big name retailers, but no matter where I order from, if the jet is a hit on the forums, then I don't plan on spending anytime talking to a customer service rep.

There's an old saying in the Air Force ''Don't fly the A-model of anything''. It applies here. Don't buy the RTF or PNP or BNF of ANYTHING, unless it's been out for a while and it gets good chatter on the forums. (I've found that the ''reviews'' on here and elsewhere are unreliable) Buy the ARF and put good, time-tested components in it. I've done that on 5 other EDFs (including the E-flite airliner) and had nothing but success. I can't say the same for my friends who buy the RTFs.
There are plenty of USA EDF mfg's. The general public rather pay less $$ for a chinese POS and blindly spend another $$ to get it running with decent gear. As a producer myself ( the little guy, with many years of edf experience ) as well as having been a customer and victim of BH. " Dont fly the A-model of anything". Arf, RTF, BNF,,, doesnt matter. There are different levels of garbage. Just depends on how much$$ you want to get screwed for.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:18 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"There are plenty of USA EDF mfg's. The general public rather pay less $$ for a chinese POS and blindly "

A strong general statement , not really true in RC , peopel want fun , that simple , in the end the quality , relaibility , performance , lack of problems ect adds or detracts from the fun .
i would love a US supplier , to show a good option on exiting plug and play options on EDFS .
Banana has one thing and only one thing going for it , the attractiveness of the eye candy , if these same planes were under the control of Great Planes /Tower , or Hobby Lobby or Hobby people , I am not saying it would be fixed overnight , but .... the qc on the front end and the customer servace on the back end would be much better .

However and perhaps that is why the big three do not distribute these planes or have distributed (Hobby Lobby ) and no longer choose to do so .

I hear comments on Cheap Chinese imports and unfortunitly we are global and it will never ever go back no matter how much we all try to bleed red , white and blue .
Everyone of us when looking in the mirror have bought a flat screen TV on price and quality and I can find so many examples of shopping for price and assumed quality .

The trick is who has the substanable business model , short term price , poor qulity will not work in a world will rcbob can start a twitter account and he use to reach 7 people and now he can reach 7 million
Old 04-08-2010, 06:52 AM

The planes do look fantastic, but like LDM said, they are just that, eye candy. The inards are junk. I would buy the kit and then buy my own hardware to put in it if i had to have a plane that BH offered and I couldnt find it ANY where. But first of all, I wouldnt buy fire wood from BH. Nitroplanes has my business
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM

I'm confused. Where are foam EDFs being MANUFACTURED in the USA? Point them out, and if they look like a good deal, I'll buy one.