Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Elevator problems on ART- TECH F/A 18

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Elevator problems on ART- TECH F/A 18

Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
four slot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator problems on ART- TECH F/A 18

Hi there.
Is anyone famillar with the Art-Tech F/A18, 64mm EDF.I am having a problem with calibrating the Elevators. I cannot seam to get the starboard elevatorto throw as much as the port elevator. I have tried to restrict the movement on the port side. I added a guide on the underside of the the starboard stabilzer to keep the push rod from bending. This push rod has a Z bend in it, I guess that is part of the design but it appears tohave to much flex in the the rod when the servo is activated. I was thinking of removing the servo and flipping it and installing a straight push rod the same as theportside has, butdo I have to worry about reversing the movement of the servo so that it itmoves correctly. So if this can be done how do I go about this proceedure. I can't help but wonderwhy would the designers not have done that to begin with. Any ones help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I hopeto get this resolved soon.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
flybaby2543

Default RE: Elevator problems on ART- TECH F/A 18

PUT A GUIDE ON BOTH PUSH RODS TOO RESTRICT PUSH ROD FLEX . CUT YOUR THROW DIOWN ON THE HORN AND THE SERVOE ARMS , AND IT WILL FLY VERY WELL . The elevators dont have to bee exactly the same.Mine flys very well after i did this too it. Tom Hand launch it and it flys super
Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Dust_man21

i just bought one and it is having the same problem also the elevators move in opposite directions rather than both up and both down they move like the ailerons
Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 PM
four slot

Thanks for the advice. Sounds goodI think what I will try to bend some new rod as well and make some softer bends in the push rod and I will make the guides for both push rods.
Cheers
Old 09-30-2009, 11:28 PM
shurlock1

Check out Dave Herbert he did a youtube review and said what he did to fix it. I would reverse the servo on the one side and then use something to make the rod not bend.